PDA

View Full Version : Coach Russ Gilmore on Jeff Taylor

BroncoZAG615
02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Don't know if this link has been posted yet but a very interesting radio interview with Hobbs coach Russ Gilmore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5cCBl2-hwZ0&feature=related

Sounds like he is getting insane amounts of pressure to stay in state and be a Lobo from his coach and the entire community which is to be expected.

Gilmore also said he's the best players he's had in some 30 years including junior college players. :D

ZagNative
02-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Interesting. Thanks for posting that. I'm still encouraged that he's visited the Zags. Sounds like his coach is big on the Lobos, but Jeff was supposedly "under the weather" and didn't make the interview. I still really admire the way Jeff and his family have handled his recruitment and how mum and dignified they've been. He's obviously a gem. Sure would be nice if he had it in mind to be a Zag.

BobZag
02-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Amen, ZN.

I don't see UNM mentioned as much of a player for Jeff as GU, Texas, Vandy, etc.

Zags need to run the table to shine brighter for him.

Robzagnut
02-14-2008, 03:34 PM
>Zags need to run the table to shine brighter for him.

Heck, I hope he settles for the Final Four. :)

ZagAddict
02-14-2008, 08:39 PM
I like Coach Gilmore's advice to Jeff that if he's only 50% sure about visiting a school, "you don't need to be visiting that school." That speaks well towards Jeff's interest in GU.

Also (as BZ has stated) if coach Few is still focusing on Jeff, he must feel confident about the chances of getting a commitment. Coach Few and Co. don't usually continue the full court recruiting press unless they feel that the potential recruit has interest. Most recently the Rotnei Clarke recruiting process comes to mind... they quickly moved on once they determined Rotnei's heart was elsewhere.

From all I've read and heard about Jeff, the school he decides on will get a phenominal basketball player as well as an outstanding young man. I truly hope he gets an opportunity to grow as an individual in all aspects of life at Gonzaga.

Good luck to Jeff the rest of the season... bring home the championship you're focusing on right now :D

Go Zags!

ZagNative
02-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Jeff's Hobbs Eagles are going to be playing Carlsbad Friday. I'll be posting details in the morning, but it's going to be on the same radio site as in previous posts.