• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Random thoughts as we head South this weekend

I've seen the Zags vs Loyola M game 3 times now and each time I see it I am more impressed by how much the Zags are improving. The whole team. We've had an up and down season, but we are really beginning to gel. Chemistry is what I see mostly. The team is beginning to gel finally. I think all of the roles have been ironed out.

There was a very nice segment of time in the game when all five starters from last year's team (before Josh got suspended) was on the court together. And they were really something to watch. It was halfway through the second half, and their play reminded me of the best of last year. I thought Josh looked great the second half, and really showed a lot.

I'm more excited about the team then ever before and I can hardly wait until Saturday. The team is going to blow a lot of minds, I think. The other great thing I saw in this game was the vast, vast improvement of the Defense. It was the best all year, and they played with the intensity that they will need the rest of the way. I've watched a lot of ball this year, and the Zags are getting right up there with the best on D. The offense is still not all there yet, but improving each week. Few is adding stuff each week, and it is showing.

I look forward to seeing the best basketball of the year, and a sweet win against San Diego. This is the game that is going to humiliate many of the sports gurus who have given up on the Zags. I expect the Zags have a chip on their shoulder because I know I do. And when I've seen them play with that chip on their shoulder, I've see them play at their best. Here's to keeping that chip there the rest of the way, guys.

Go Zags. You WILL DO IT..
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Argh and general wailing and lamenting!

This is the first time I looked at the TV setup for these two games, and the SF game is on ESPNU! I did the bar thing twice this year and those outings were not what you'd call a rousing success, so this time, it's just me, Richard and HuddyBuddy on KGA, Gametracker, and guboards.

Thanks for getting us back looking forward, though, Reborn.

Comment

• Bowser
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

RB:

Please change the title of your post to "heading to California." You know I'm superstitious and get shakey when anyone uses "heading South." I'm with you the rest of the way.

Your Pal,

Bowser

Comment

• speed21
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

I had a wierd feeling last night while watching highlights of the zags on you-tube. Like Reborn I have a wierd feeling about this team that something really great is coming upon us with this team.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Here are some reasons that I think the Zags will beat San Diego.

1. We're more than ten points better than them. We did not have our best game when we played them in K2. In many ways they (San Diego) will find out that we're a much different, and may I say better, team then the one they met in K2. That Zag team was the shadow of this team. Make no mistake about it.

2. Pargo is better than Johnson. This was not the case in K2. Johnson outplayed Pargo by quite a bit. Jeremy will do something about that next Monday night.

3. As much as the Zags love Bill Grier they are not going to let him beat us, and knock us out of the race for the league championship.

4. Josh's former self IS returning. And he WILL make a difference in this game.

5. I think the Zags are finally finding themselves. It's been a long search, but it's over. We're playing our best basktball of the year right now.

6. Austin's dad and mom will be at the game.

7. I think the Zags are hungrier. I do. I think these Bulldogs are hungrier then they've been all year. Their desire for a New York steak will inspire them as never before. They have unanimously agreed that they are tired of feeding on hamburger.

8. The Zags are finally playing at a pace that will wear San diego down down in the 2nd half.

In the end, our defense will be too much for them.

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Okay, Reborn. Your post is going to be my cheat sheet for the game. Thanks for another well-thought-out post.

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

I forgot one thing in my last post. This is also Mark Few's, and the Zags' time of year to ROOLLLLL.

The original 3 guys, Monson, Few and Grier are seperated now, with Grier and Few still in the same conference. This will be a great game because Few and Grier are like brothers. Grier will not want to let Few beat him in his own house. This game is so intriguing to me because of that factor, and when the Zags win, it's going to make a lot of programs wake up. In fact, it truly may have been the Zags who have been sleeping, but believe me...THEY ARE AWAKE. And growling...

Comment

• oczagfan
                Bulldog Fan
                • Nov 2007

Just to clarify

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                Here are some reasons that I think the Zags will beat San Diego.

1. We're more than ten points better than them. We did not have our best game when we played them in K2. In many ways they (San Diego) will find out that we're a much different, and may I say better, team then the one they met in K2. That Zag team was the shadow of this team. Make no mistake about it.

2. Pargo is better than Johnson. This was not the case in K2. Johnson outplayed Pargo by quite a bit. Jeremy will do something about that next Monday night.

3. As much as the Zags love Bill Grier they are not going to let him beat us, and knock us out of the race for the league championship.

4. Josh's former self IS returning. And he WILL make a difference in this game.

5. I think the Zags are finally finding themselves. It's been a long search, but it's over. We're playing our best basktball of the year right now.

6. Austin's dad and mom will be at the game.

7. I think the Zags are hungrier. I do. I think these Bulldogs are hungrier then they've been all year. Their desire for a New York steak will inspire them as never before. They have unanimously agreed that they are tired of feeding on hamburger.

8. The Zags are finally playing at a pace that will wear San diego down down in the 2nd half.

In the end, our defense will be too much for them.

The woman at the game with Austin's father was Austin's step mother and not his mom.

Comment

Working...
                X