• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IdahoTJR
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

How would the tie breaker work?

If GU, SMU, and San Diego all ended the league 12-2 with each losing to the other once, then how does the seeding for the WCC tourney get determined?

Obviously the 1-2 seeds get a big advantage, in that they get a bye to the semi's, but the 1 seed more so because it would not have to play 2 or 3 until the finals.
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

They seed them by who they lost to (top of standings to bottom). I'm assuming that in your scenario, they've all split with each other. In that case, if I'm not mistaken, the WCC still uses a coin flip. Someone may want to correct me.
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
      Bleeds Bulldog Blue
      • Feb 2007

This is the tie-breaker that has been used by the conference in the past. I'm trying to verify that it would be used again this year:

First tiebreaker: head to head; second tiebreaker: head to head vs. rest of league, in descending order; third tiebreaker, RPI. If three teams have identical records, the same method is used to break out one team; the method will then be re-used to decide seeding order between the remaining two teams.
      You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

Working...
      X