PDA

View Full Version : GU Story Forum

UberZagFan
03-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the start of a forum where some of these great stories of GU's past can be sent off to. Or use the HOF if needed. But it should be a place where the likes of gamagin and others can pass down some oral histories (or post histories) to the younger generations on this board.

I have read some really great stories recently on this board, most notably from gamagin, and it would be nice if those posts could be kept in or /moved to a safe place.

Just throwing it out there.

tobizag
03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Absolutely agree with you Uber, it would be great to see a forum like that.

Angelo Roncalli
03-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Here it is:

http://216.229.189.28/forumdisplay.php?f=15

UberZagFan
03-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Cool. Now, I certainly don't mean for these stories to be excluded from the hoops board and hopefully everyone will keep posting such stories in relevant threads here. But when they run their course, now there is a placed they can be saved.

former1dog
03-02-2007, 11:04 AM
:allhail:

Great idea, Uber. Thanks for thinking of it.

lothar98zag
03-02-2007, 11:11 AM
If there are any threads in this forum that people think should be moved to this new story forum, send me a PM w/ the thread link and I'll take care of it.

And that goes for "Hall of Fame" threads as well.

UberZagFan
03-02-2007, 11:18 AM
But Lothar (and all other mods) I trust that you will still give some threads some life here first, as there is obviously more activity on this forum. Plus, I'm not to fond of what is list on the "moved" threads. All that shows up is the thread title and the fact that it was moved--it loses posts and views count which are two factors that invite more replies. If that makes sense at all.

UberZagFan
03-02-2007, 11:20 AM
:allhail:

Great idea, Uber. Thanks for thinking of it.

Thank gamagin for the inspiration.

lothar98zag
03-02-2007, 11:26 AM
But Lothar (and all other mods) I trust that you will still give some threads some life here first, as there is obviously more activity on this forum. Plus, I'm not to fond of what is list on the "moved" threads. All that shows up is the thread title and the fact that it was moved--it loses posts and views count which are two factors that invite more replies. If that makes sense at all.

I understand that.

Since the forum is brand new - I'm currently interested in old threads that may have died and dropped back several pages on this form, but are worth moving.

gamagin
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
<< Thank gamagin for the inspiration. >>

gamagin
03-02-2007, 02:09 PM
<< Thank gamagin for the inspiration. >>

Thank You