PDA

View Full Version : "Think Pink" this Thursday vs USF

BobZag
02-12-2008, 04:35 PM
On Thursday, Feb. 14, the Gonzaga University women’s basketball team will “Think Pink” when it takes on the University of San Francisco. The game, which is slated to tip at 7 p.m., will be broadcast live on GUTV.

Bulldogs fans are encouraged to “Think Pink” by wearing pink to the game in support of the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association’s (WBCA) campaign to raise awareness for breast cancer. The first 500 fans in attendance will receive a pink ribbon in honor of “Think Pink”. Kimmel Athletic will sell pink t-shirts at the game. The t-shirts will cost $10 with all proceeds going to the NCAA breast cancer initiative.

The Zags themselves will get in on the action, wearing pink long sleeve warm-ups, while the referees for the game will use pink whistles.

The WBCA began “Think Pink” in 2007 as an initiative to raise breast cancer awareness in women’s basketball, on campuses and in communities. Every three minutes someone is diagnosed with breast cancer; and every 13 minutes a woman will die from breast cancer in the United States.

In 2007, more than 120 schools unified for this effort and helped make the inaugural year of the WBCA’s “Think Pink” a success. This year 900 schools across all three NCAA divisions and 19 conferences are participating. For complete details on the WBCA’s “Think Pink” initiative, please go to www.wbca.org/thinkpink.asp

heavyzag
02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
My wife and I are big supporters of breast cancer research and would love to get 1 of the pink shirts. We live in the Seattle area and would be happy to reimburse anyone who could help us out thanks.

Heavy and Jen

young julez
02-12-2008, 09:36 PM
I am flyng to Spokane to see the game and would be happy to pick up
a t-shirt. Just one?

heavyzag
02-13-2008, 05:36 AM
thanks this is awesome

Darren