PDA

View Full Version : OT: Sports Bar, Big Sky, Montana?

TR11Zag
02-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Going skiing this weekend and need to find a bar with ESPNU to watch the game.

Anyone know where to go? Should I go to Bozeman?

Thanks!!

Birddog
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Call 'em Most all the bars probably have satellite, you just need to find out if they have DirecTV or Dish. If it's DirecTV, your chances are good. When inquiring, give them the actual channel (609 DirecTV). If they have cable, you are likely SOL, a trip into Bozangeles might be in order. Get this straightened out before arrival, and tell the bar how many people you'll be bringing along for encouragement. Be sure to inform them about how beer sales skyrocket during Zag games, and don't forget to tip. Don't forget that it's a 6 PM tip MST either.

Good luck,
Birddog

lothar98zag
02-12-2008, 10:09 AM
try looking in this thread, it may help:

The official "places to watch ESPNU" thread (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=6980)

former1dog
02-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Going skiing this weekend and need to find a bar with ESPNU to watch the game.

Anyone know where to go? Should I go to Bozeman?

Thanks!!

Stop by Strozzy's(sp?) in West Yellowstone and wander into Wild West Pizzeria for the best pizza in town. There is another bar right across the street as well that is a little more upscale.

Also, try Sydney's Bistro if you want to have a nice dinner. I hear the food is great!

(Disclaimer, I either have known the owners of these establishments since childhood or am related to them. :)

jbslicer
02-12-2008, 11:35 AM
drop the name "Bob Zag."
http://www.theyellowstoneclub.com/index.aspx

JayLoveClub
02-12-2008, 04:35 PM
We have watched ESPNU games at the Pour House which is in downtown Bozeman on the corner of Main and Rouse. The bartenders are really nice and they have a bunch of TVs.

MDABE80
02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Yellowstone club has the richest people in America jb!I think BZ deserves that place. It's just a spectacular place! I'd just go the Huntley lodge. They'll have it with the Sat.

COGboy
02-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Approx 5 miles down the main highway from the Big Sky turnoff (towards West Yellowstone), there's a bar called The Corral. Great steakhouse/bar and they have a few nice tv's. In the same vicinity there's another bar called Half Moon.

If they don't have the game on, you can still get a great steak or prime rib at the Corral.

MTZAG
02-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Short walk (stumble) from Huntley Lodge. Don't have to drive all the way down to the highway or to Bozeman or West Yellowstone.

mtzaga
02-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Short walk (stumble) from Huntley Lodge. Don't have to drive all the way down to the highway or to Bozeman or West Yellowstone.

Driving on Highway 191, at night, in the winter, would not be my idea of a good time.