PDA

View Full Version : OT- Two very controversial endings tonight.

CarolinaZagFan
02-11-2008, 06:12 PM
First was the Georgetown-Villanova game. The score was tied as time was running out. Then the refs called a very weak foul against Villanova with .1 second left that sent Wallace to the line who knocked down both free throws to win the game.

Then was the Tennessee-Rutgers girls game. Tennessee was down 1 towards the end of the game. That's when a little home town game clock came in to play. The clock "magically" froze on .2 seconds for nearly a second while a girl for Tenn got a rebound and got fouled. She then knocked down both free throws to win the game by 1.

Two controversial finishes within 5 minutes of each other.

kitzbuel
02-11-2008, 06:18 PM
I have to say the foul called in the G'town - 'Nova game was a legit call. He was knocked out of bounds and I see no reason to not call a foul just because of when it occurs in a game.

CarolinaZagFan
02-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Yea that was a pretty good bump, that one could've gone either way. If they wouldn't have called it, Georgetown fans would've been complaining, but now Nova's fans are gonna be pissed. That is a tugh position for the refs. I just pointed it out because usually refs do not make that call. But have you seen the women's Tenn clock mystery? That was strange to say the least.

GreenStreetElite
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
I couldn't believe that Gtown call, thought it was terrible, if you are going to call that and say its a foul then they should have called the same thing when the guy from nova was driving to the hoop, he was bumped harder twice compared to the bump they called for Wallace, I'm still in shock I think its a crappy way for a game to end.

RenoZag
02-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I couldn't believe that Gtown call, thought it was terrible, if you are going to call that and say its a foul then they should have called the same thing when the guy from nova was driving to the hoop, he was bumped harder twice compared to the bump they called for Wallace, I'm still in shock I think its a crappy way for a game to end.

:agreed: