PDA

View Full Version : I hope they don't do this to Austin

ZagsGoZags
02-10-2008, 09:49 PM
"Tim Morris was about to get called for a five-second violation on an inbound play. Instead, he threw the ball off the nose of Alfred Aboya, who was guarding him closely across the boundary line, and it banged into an incensed UCLA bench." from the AP story Sun night

It is apparently legal
I hope they will draft a rule about it

Morris apologized, even though he said he told Aboya to back up.

MickMick
02-10-2008, 09:56 PM
The Bruin fans are in a tizzy over this. Too bad it hit a player. I was hoping it would hit a certain fan in the nose. The one that uses a despondent Adam Morrison as an avatar on their message boards. I would love to see that guy cry.

Way to go Huskys!!!!

rawkmandale
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm glad the Huskies beat the Bruins. In fact, I love it!

ZagNative
02-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Blurb from CollegeHoopsnet (http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/story/team_week_duke41767) about this. Apologies if anyone else has already posted:

The University of Washington Huskies (13-11, 4-7 Pac-10) got a big win in the Pac-10, knocking off the #4 ranked UCLA Bruins. But in the cowardly nature that has become indicative of Lorenzo Romarís Huskies (i.e. quitting their series with instate rival Gonzaga) they soiled their victory when Tim Morris spiked an inbounds pass off the face of Alfred Aboya, at point blank range with the game in hand. As an encore and in a demonstration of the fact that the Huskies have not had many big wins in his time there, Quincy Pondexter jumped on top of the scorerís table and beat his chest, apparently unaware that his team is still in second to last place in the Pac-10.

Rubbadub
02-10-2008, 10:12 PM
As an encore and in a demonstration of the fact that the Huskies have not had many big wins in his time there, Quincy Pondexter jumped on top of the scorerís table and beat his chest, apparently unaware that his team is still in second to last place in the Pac-10.

:lmao: :lmao:

Zag79
02-10-2008, 10:20 PM
As an encore and in a demonstration of the fact that the Huskies have not had many big wins in his time there, Quincy Pondexter jumped on top of the scorerís table and beat his chest, apparently unaware that his team is still in second to last place in the Pac-10.

if im the huskies and we beat #5 ucla at home you better believe im celebrating my a$$ off. what a wasted point. in fact, i remember mo doing something close to this.

sittingon50
02-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Didn't watch much of the ewe, but saw that particular play. Typically cheap.

Nevtelen
02-10-2008, 11:22 PM
I understand the "throwing the ball off the opposing player" play, and the Huskes were only up 4 with about a min left w/ 0 TOs left, so that was the "right" thing to do. The only problem I have with it is that it hit Aboya in the face and he recently had some injury with a broken bone in his face, I think.

BTW, one team did basically do this to Austin already this year, except it hit him in the chest, not the face. Montana maybe? Idaho? I don't remember, but I remember it happened. Austin was (rightly) not happy, but no foul was called.

Birddog
02-11-2008, 06:09 AM
Even worse than the inbounds play was the obligatory paean to Lomar showing him coincidenatlly performing/leading a sort of real life paean while traveling with the Bucks some many years back. It was painful to watch. It's not on Youtube just yet, give it awhile before a Husky hater posts it.

Birddog

GoZags
02-11-2008, 06:34 AM
"I hope they don't do this to Austin"

It'd be pretty tough for them to do this to Austin since they've decided the Zags are too regional for their "national" program.

Zagpower
02-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Totally classless play and absolutely avoidable. He could have bounced the ball off of any part of his body but hit Aboya square in the face from point blank range and hard. Very lucky a brawl didn't ensue.

gamagin
02-11-2008, 07:38 AM
in the face, deliberately, ought to be a technical. that wouldn't be too hard to see or call or enforce or understand, imo.

ZagNut08
02-11-2008, 07:45 AM
I was watching the game and cant believe its not a technical (if not more), absolutely uncalled for. If you anywhere else on the court and you do that you will get tossed or a T at the very least...all it will take is one severe injury or a fight to break out and they will change that rule

I hate seeing the huskies win, so I was pulling for ucla

rennis
02-11-2008, 08:37 AM
in the face, deliberately, ought to be a technical. that wouldn't be too hard to see or call or enforce or understand, imo.

Coach Tom on College Game Night said the same thing. He couldn't believe they didn't call a technical foul. I would have. then I'd give the UCLA player a "free kick" per se, and let him throw the ball at the other player's face in return.

zagzilla
02-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Agreed that spiking the ball off of his face was a punk move. However, the game was not in hand at the time and the Bruins were surging. Should have spiked it off of his body.

I was glad to see UW win. I dislike UCLA above UW.

This will definitely be emotional fodder for the next time these 2 teams meet.

cair3
02-11-2008, 09:44 AM
he shoulda been ejected. You can see him grit his teeth as he pulled the ball back to throw it off aboya's face. I cant believe the bruins didn't react violently.

Frazzle
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
he shoulda been ejected. You can see him grit his teeth as he pulled the ball back to throw it off aboya's face. I cant believe the bruins didn't react violently.

I saw that too. That was one of the most classless acts I have ever witnessed in a BB game. A serious line is crossed when a player violently attacks another player. My hope is that Romar imposes some sort of punishment for Morris' actions.

zagcheer78
02-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Tell me you are kidding Frazzle when you say Romar should punish Morris.
(sarcasm)
We were watching the game and honestly we were surprised that it was not a technical. Perhaps an assalt charge but not a technical.

23dpg
02-11-2008, 10:51 AM
It was bush. Here's a link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ZXPAl4-8f8

Frazzle
02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Tell me you are kidding Frazzle when you say Romar should punish Morris.
(sarcasm)
We were watching the game and honestly we were surprised that it was not a technical. Perhaps an assalt charge but not a technical.

Yes. I did amuse myself by typing that.