• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiger1983
    Redshirt
    • Jan 2008

Victim of your own success

The difference in venue between the FedEx Forum and the St. Mary’s gym could not be more pronounced, but the fan frenzy brought on by playing the Zags was very similar. I imagine Zag fans tire of teams always giving the Gonzaga their best shot. It is the price of sustained success and the high respect earned by current and past teams.

Congrats on mauling Pepperdine and good luck the rest of the way.
    Last edited by Tiger1983; 02-10-2008, 10:29 AM. Reason: spelling error
  • HillBillyZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

How true!

I think a lot of our fans have yet to realize we have become the "hunted" instead of the "hunter"!
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• lawzag
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

thanks Tiger - I agree with your statements. For several years now, people have commented on why GU doesn't beat all its WCC opponents by 20-30 pts each game & I have to repeatedly remind them that the teams and the fans always bring their best game against Gonzaga - heck I think some of these teams & fan groups prepare all season just for the GU game.

as Hillbilly says, in the last 5-7 yrs we have become "the hunted" by those we play..... except of course Memphis, who is in the exact same boat we are.
      Your team is exceptional this year & has been extremely good the last few years - but man do we love to play you!

best of luck to you on the remainder of your season (not that it looks like you need any luck this year )
      ZAGS RULE!!!

Comment

Working...
      X