0.00%
    More Cowbell !!!
    2.67%

The poll is expired.

So many brackets, so little time.
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Sticking with my original prediction, which was 13-1 overall. That means we got to win the rest of them from here on out.

Biggest challenge, at USD.

Second biggest challenge is a tie, St. Mary's in K2 and at USF.

Comment

• NorthWestZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Mar 2007

only bumps in the road may be @ USD and vs SMC. The other five should not even be close. USF is not that good of a team, we just played a horrible game (I hope). We should bring it against Santa Clara to avenge last years loss in the MAC.

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

At the beginning of conference play I predicted one defeat, and we've had it. I think we go the rest of the way undefeated. I also think we NEED TO. I do not LIKE our seeding in the NCAA's right now on Bracketology, and I fear that we could go in as an 8 or 9 seed if we do not WIN OUT. 8 and 9 seeds are the worst seeds possible, as was pointed out in a thread this morning posted by ZagNative. Only one time has an 8 seed made the Sweet 16. Why? Because they play a #1 seed the second game.

I am really hoping for a 6 seed or a 7/10. To get these kinds seeds I think we need to win the rest of our games. I am one person who really believes big time that it really does matter where you are seeded in March and who it is you play. They way we play the rest of the way will have a lot to do with these things....so Zag fans. Get your minds set for going the rest of the way undefeated. Let no doubt enter your minds. It's time now to BELIEVE.
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Bocco
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

We should be able go the rest of the way undefeated. But, I'm not sure it will happen. Letting large leads in games at home slip away to both USF and USD creates some uncertainty about how we will do on the road against both teams. Suspect St. Marys will be a hard fought game in the Kennel.
          The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• recordeditor
            Banned
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
            8 and 9 seeds are the worst seeds possible, as was pointed out in a thread this morning posted by ZagNative. Only one time has an 8 seed made the Sweet 16. Why? Because they play a #1 seed the second game.
            This is not true. #8 seeds have made the sweet sixteen way more often than that. In fact, in 2000 two #8 seeds made the final four in the same year (Wisconsin, UNC). Villanova won the national championship as an #8 seed!

Comment

• MickMick
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

I predicted an undefeated conference record from the beginning. I'm not going against that now regardless of who is wearing the whistle.
              I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by recordeditor View Post
                This is not true. #8 seeds have made the sweet sixteen way more often than that. In fact, in 2000 two #8 seeds made the final four in the same year (Wisconsin, UNC). Villanova won the national championship as an #8 seed!
                Reborn's thinking of the record for 9 seeds, which is indeed just one Sweet 16 appearance since 1999. 8 seeds have four, but as you can see on this thread, an 8 seed is not desirable.

Anyway, I am going with Pomeroy's Schedule predictions for our remaining games, which has our probability of winning very high. No more losses:

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Thanks ZagNative. Very nice Post on Pomeroy's stuff. How accurate do you feel he is? I see you using his material quite a bit here. Have you followed his success rate for the Zags' games. If I remember correctly he did have St. Mary's as the favorite. I think our success rate was like 48% which is really accurate. I wonder if he was the one who paid off the refs? Completely kidding of course....

Comment

• ZagNative
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Pomeroy uses some kind of mathematical probability model. Periodically, I take another run at understanding it, but my eyes glaze over, and I begin babbling even more than usual, and then I have to take to bed for a week with cold compresses on my forehead from mental strain, so I wise up and don't do that again for a long time but nevertheless cite the stuff like I understand it.

Fools people most of the time, until some wise guy named Reborn has to stir the p.o.t. by asking a question....

Comment

• Reborn
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2007

ZagNative: Ohhhhh! You've hurt my feelings....

It's interesting though that you use that discription of me....my dad used it once in awhile too........Like, "Oh!!! Here comes Mr. Wise Guy." But my dad really loved me so???????????

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Yeah, that term is something your dad and I picked up back in our days in the Mob.

Comment

• RenoZag
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by recordeditor View Post
                          #8 Seeds have knocked off #1 seeds in the second round 9 times since the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985:

1985: Villanova over Michigan
                          1986: Auburn over St. Johns
                          1990: North Carolina over Oklahoma
                          1996: Georgia over Purdue
                          1998: Rhode Island over Kansas
                          2000: UNC over Stanford, Wisconsin over Arizona
                          2002: UCLA over Cinncinnati
                          2004: Alabama over Stanford

UTEP ( 1992 ), Boston College ( 1994), and U.A.B (2004) are the only 9 seeds to knock off a # 1

When it comes to 2nd round game Winning % by seed, 10 seeds (48.6%) and 12 seeds (48.3%) have better winning % than 7,8,9, & 11 seeds.
                          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• jpwils
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Feb 2007

Undefeated or bust in last 7

Zags will win out.
                            San Diego game will be tough one...will need Heytvelt to dominate that one.

Two teams get into Big dance from WCC this year.

If for some reason they lose one more...bad news.

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2007

HAHA I want to know who predicted 1-6??????
                              "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Working...
                              X