• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spudzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

2008 McDonalds All-American Nominees

Andy Poling was 1 of 44 boys nominated by OregonPreps.com from Oregon's Class of 2008 for the 31st Annual McDonald's All-American Boys Basketball game.

• ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Cool! Complete list (pdf file) from www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com.

Guess who else is on it:
    Grant Gibbs, Iowa
    Demetri Goodson, Texas
    Jeff Taylor, New Mexico

Jeff's got to sign with the Zags, that's all there is to it.

Of course being nominated isn't the same thing as making the final cut, but it's like buying a lottery ticket - sure, your odds of winning are low, but you've got no chance at all if you don't at least buy the ticket!

Comment

• zag67
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

Also in this drawing for the lottery, there are 2 drawings. You start out with all of the seniors in the nation. Then the first drawing gets you into the snall group for the final drawing. I think that it is fantastic that these players have made the cut to be even into the choise for final 24. That in itself is unbelievable. Congrats to all of them.

Comment

• finechina2003
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

2007 McDonald All Americans that we have faced

This year we have faced two players that were McDonald All-Americans from last year:

Derrick Rose - Memphis
        Blake Griffin - Oklahoma

And they both definitely showed themselves to be worthy of last year's selection.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Re:

I think it's safe to say that Austin Daye should have been selected as a west coast wing over Arizona's Jamelle Horne.

Horne has been riding the pine ever since he got to Tucson.

Comment

• pbriz
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
            I think it's safe to say that Austin Daye should have been selected as a west coast wing over Arizona's Jamelle Horne.

Horne has been riding the pine ever since he got to Tucson.
            There was a rivals article back when that happened and Daye was one of the best people they labeled as snubbed. Daye came on so late that it kind of makes sense tho.
            It's F4 or bust.

Comment

• lawzag
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

can you imagine what they would say about our next year's recruiting class if 2 of those 4 were named McD All Americas!
              ZAGS RULE!!!

Comment

• HOOTER
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by lawzag View Post
                can you imagine what they would say about our next year's recruiting class if 2 of those 4 were named McD All Americas!
                Gonzaga is definitely making a transition into one of the best recruiting schools in the nation. Few may have to make some minor adjustments to his coaching style to adjust to all of the individual talent coming in.

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

I hate to spoil the party, but I think the only guy who even has a remote chance of making the team is Poling due to the fact that he once was a universal top 10 player. In order to be a Burger Boy, you almost always have to be a national top 30 player at most recruiting sites for 2-3 years. Late bloomers or hidden gems rarely make it. There are a lot of politics that go into the selection of these teams too. It's just the way it works.

Comment

• MickMick
                    Zag for Life
                    • Apr 2007

I think Blake Griffin is the most underrated player in the nation....along with Austin Daye. That Griffin kid just brings it. He reminds me of an oversized Pendo on steroids. I think he makes it big in the league just because of his Kurt Rambis style.
                    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• HOOTER
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                      In order to be a Burger Boy, you almost always have to be a national top 30 player
                      How ironic that the company that is probably responsible for more deaths than Adolph Hitler actually sponsors some of the most athletic and talented basketball players in the world. Maybe if I hadn't eaten so many big macs in high school I could play D-1 basketball too.

Comment

• JAGzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HOOTER View Post
                        How ironic that the company that is probably responsible for more deaths than Adolph Hitler actually sponsors some of the most athletic and talented basketball players in the world. Maybe if I hadn't eaten so many big macs in high school I could play D-1 basketball too.
                        Not sure what to make of this post. On the one hand you have a man who personally engineered the intentionally killing of millions of Jews and on the other, you have a corporation that offers and sells a product to people, who then choose whether to buy and consume that product. Needless to say, I think your connection is a stretch and almost an insult. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

• ZagNative
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Anybody else got an axe to grind? Go ahead and get it - We'll wait for you.

Comment

• HOOTER
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by JAGzag View Post
                            Not sure what to make of this post. On the one hand you have a man who personally engineered the intentionally killing of millions of Jews and on the other, you have a corporation that offers and sells a product to people, who then choose whether to buy and consume that product. Needless to say, I think your connection is a stretch and almost an insult. But that's just my opinion.
                            It's called a joke. That means it's not serious. I don't actually believe McDonald's is directly responsible for any deaths, unlike Adolph Hitler. I am just using a bit of humor, as controversial as it may seem, to point out the irony that the restaurant that serves the most artery clogging food in the world sponsors some of the most athletic, and healthy, athletes in the world. If these McDonald's all Americans actually ate at McDonald's on a regular basis they probably would not be McDonald's all Americans. Now all this talk is making me hungry so I'm going to go get a bacon egg and cheese Mcgriddle with a deep fried grease sponge and a large Coke.

Comment

• Northspokane
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Mar 2007

Pargo eats McDonalds and he is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X