• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag4Hire
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

WCC Tourney in Vegas...Old Hat?

I personally would second that move. Very nice indeed.
    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
  • alaskazagnut

What happened?

I thought we had the WCC tourney schedule all planned out for the nest 5-6 years.

Vegas would be better for cash flow and publicity but not better for the particular University who should have hosted it.

Why would San Diego want to play in Vegas rather than at home?

Comment

• SintoZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

I thought Vegas for the tourney was a done deal. They were going to do it at the Orleans Arena.

Comment

• ROOFnZAG
        Redshirt
        • Oct 2007

That article is dated Feb. of 2007, so they are talking about the possibility that this current season's tournament could be in Vegas or San Diego...obviously they chose San Diego since I am headed there in 28 days...

It is almost a done deal that the tournament will stay in Vegas starting in 2009, as a final decision will be made at this years WCC tournament in San Diego.

Comment

• zag70
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2007

There is a rumor that Pepperdine and one other unidentified school have objected to having the tournament in Las Vegas for reason that the site would not convey the mission of the schools of the league, i.e. good Christian values.

Comment

• lothar98zag
            PostPadder General
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zag70 View Post
            There is a rumor that Pepperdine and one other unidentified school have objected to having the tournament in Las Vegas for reason that the site would not convey the mission of the schools of the league, i.e. good Christian values.
            what's the big deal? There are churches in Vegas...

youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• Thomas_Sutpen
              Kennel Club
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zag70 View Post
              So according to that logic, it shouldn't be in LA, either (city of angels--not). Or SF (not a marriage-values town). Or really anywhere in Cali. Plus Seattle & Portland are out--too liberal.

That leaves Spokane. Let's lock it up at K2 for the next decade or so.

Comment

Working...
              X