PDA

View Full Version : WTF?! - Shaq to the Suns

Akzag
02-06-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't get this move (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3234099).

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Suns acquired Shaquille O'Neal in a stunning, blockbuster deal that sent four-time All-Star Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Miami Heat.

The improbable pairing of the speedy Suns and the slow but once-mighty O'Neal became official when he cleared a physical exam Wednesday.

The trade, a dramatic move by first-year Phoenix general manager Steve Kerr, signals an unexpected change in philosophy for the Suns, adding a 7-foot-1, 325-pound center who has won four NBA championships but has been plagued by injuries in recent years and turns 36 next month.

zag944
02-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Apperently Marion has been a pain in the butt for the team, but the Suns being a good organization was able to keep that mostly quiet.

They weren't going to win anything...may as well roll the dice. They have last years All NBA center and now a monster who despite declining is probably the 10th or so best center.

Sets up a potential Shaq-Kobe series, with a lot of good big men. Should be fun.

Whats weird to me is that an all time top 10 player (in my book at least) has now been with FOUR franchises :confused:
thats not really typical in basketball

gonzaga_is_life_itself
02-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok, first of all, Shaq is getting quite old, he sucked this year (the heat are 9-39), he is injured, and the Suns already have a center! A very good one at that! :confused: This trade makes no sense whatsoever to me. Shaq may have been good in his earlier years but now isn't going to help the Suns.

:confused: :confused: