PDA

View Full Version : Castro and Siva at 4A state tournament

RebornZag
03-01-2007, 07:50 AM
An update on DeAngelo Castro whose Ferris team gets their first win at state 61-38 over Kentwood. He got 19 pts and 8 rebounds in a victory in his first game at the 4A state tournament. A kid on his team named Shawn Stockton scored 14. Is he related to John? Here's a quote from DeAngelo. "All these teams are new to me," said Castro, a junior who transferred from Freeman after his freshman year. "So I don't know anything about any team. I just bring it strong every time."

Yeah!!!;)

Peyton Siva, another recruit, who's playing for Frankllin scored 28 pts in a victory over Mariner 78-50. These two guys are on GU's '08 list of recruits and look very, very good for Juniors. Both guys are leading their teams. Here's a quote, "Franklin (23-2) dominated from the opening tip, using it's stellar backcourt of Peyton Siva (28 pts) and Venoy Overton (seven pts, six assists).

Ikancagin
03-01-2007, 07:55 AM
I believe Shawn Stocton is Steve Stoctons son and also a Junior.

jhoop
03-01-2007, 08:09 AM
I believe Shawn Stocton is Steve Stoctons son and also a Junior.

Which means he is John Stockton's nephew. The big guy's name is Casto with no affiliation to Cuba that I know of. The whole Ferris team are juniors and just may take two state titles in a row.

4EVERaZAG
03-01-2007, 10:59 AM
FYI Peyton Siva is only a Sophomore. Watched one of his games and he is lightning quick and drives well, gets to the line a lot and shoots well there but needs to work on his outside game.

zagfan08
03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
peyton siva actually has a good outside game, a very smooth jumper from three that he displayed last night (4 of 5 from 3pt).

also an insane leaper...amazing athletic ability.

imo he is the best underclassman in the state right now, even if he is just a sophomore

TM27
03-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Peyton is in UW's backyard.....it would be really nice to steal another recruit from them. It is going to be tough with this one though.

madness
03-01-2007, 12:51 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/sports/popup.asp?gtitle=4A%20State%20Tournament&SubID=2350&page=0&css=/photos/gtitle.css

Sick pic of Casto throwing it down on #11

4EVERaZAG
03-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Zagfan08, I'm glad to hear he played well the other night. The game I watched him play against Bainbridge he was probably 1 of 8 behind the arc and on the season he is shooting 32% from 3. I guess he just needs to develop some consistency from deep....he is only a sophomore so he has plently of time to develop a deadly shot...just think of how much Pargo has improved from last year to now. Siva is going to be really good I hope we can land him.