• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MickMick
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

The tough road trip is over

San Diego on the road will not be easy, but Zags play the balance of their difficult games at home. I think they win them all.

With respect to SMC, Zags outplayed them. SMC will lose in Spokane and in the WCC tournament (calling on Gaels to bookmark the post). I also think the Gaels are "one and done" in the NCAA tournament as an "at large" bid. A number three PAC 10, SEC or Big 12 team would beat them handily. Having said that, Zags are not much better and would likely see the same fate. Not much better, but still better on a neutral floor in a tournament environment with greater upside to make some noise.
    Last edited by MickMick; 02-06-2008, 12:05 PM.
    I miss Mike Hart
  • JAGzag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Not so sure

I was not on the Gael bandwagon this year and thought they were greatly overhyped. But they did look pretty good against us. Granted, they brought their "A" game and that skinny kid with a shotput of a release went 6 for 6 on threes, but they had something we didn't - team chemistry. They played great as a team. I just don't know about our team this year. We keep waiting and waiting.

Comment

• gamagin
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Mick/jag

good posts. tns.

we're in transition.

translation: herding cats.
      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• jim77
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

San Diego is gonna give us all we can handle.

Think about this scenario.....St Mary's wins the conference but, SD wins the conference tourney......Zags stay home from the dance. We MUST beat SD AND ST. Mary's. The WCC will send 2 teams MAX. One will be Tourney champion....which SCU/GU/SD/ST'M's.....are all capable of winning. We may need to win the conference tourney to dance...especially if we loose to another conference foe. The other will be the next highest rated team.....which is ST. Mary's. Even if we beat St Mary's at home ,it will only be a split...which still leaves the Gaels the higher ranked team. This is gonna be a dogfight!

Comment

• ebayzagfan
          Kennel Club Material
          • Jan 2008

Too Early to Even Talk about Big Dance

I really do have to smile when I see various posts re: how deep the Zags will go in the tournament this year. Even more so, when I see comments on how we must have Josh performing at a high level to go deep. The focus has to be on today's practice. Tomorrow we worry about tomorrow practice. Saturday we worry about Saturday's game.

When your car is emitting blue smoke out the tailpipe, you don't talk about the roadtrip back East in 6 weeks. You fix the damn car!

Comment

Working...
          X