PDA

View Full Version : OT: Come on Butler, come back for ButlerGuy.

CarolinaZagFan
02-05-2008, 06:18 PM
On ESPN2. Butler is down 49-44 with 16 minutes left. I like ButlerGuy and don't think he should be punished with GU and Butler losses in back-to-back days.

sullyzag66
02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
This is one heck of a game! Butler takes the lead, 70-68, for the first time tonight with 14 seconds to go. Clutch shoot by both teams in the last three minutes. AJ Graves!

CarolinaZagFan
02-05-2008, 07:09 PM
What a great game. I'm sorry if anyone missed it. Both teams kept hitting huge shots down the stretch. Valpo would answer every made basket by Butler. And almost answered on a buzzer beater down three that hit off the back iron. AJ Graves is absolutely phenomenal. I would have LOVED to see him in a GU uniform. He reminds me a lot of Stepp. Anyways, congrats to ButlerGuy.

GonzagaGurl08
02-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Just for the record, Valpo has a familiar face in former Zag big man Calum MacLeod, of New Zealand.

rawkmandale
02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I REALLY like both of these teams.

Butler Guy
02-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Butler was fighting against itself from the opening tip!

Julian Betko didn't get to play due to some odd knee injury he sustained in practice, Valpo scored the first 12 points of the game, and Mike Green and Matt Howard (arguably the team's two best players) were in foul trouble from essentially the opening tip and barely played! It was like Murphy's Law manifested into a basketball game.

Good thing Graves and Campbell are clutch or we would have lost that game!