PDA

View Full Version : Arizona guy weighs in...

surfmonkey89
02-28-2007, 10:18 PM
on Few replacing Lute.

http://regulus2.azstarnet.com/blogs/uafans/3190/bad-ideas

Yes, that is me who left the comment.

zzzjag
02-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Gonzaga logged over 15,000 travel miles before the New Year playing road games, which leads to this simple question:

Could your head be any farther up your own ass?
— surfmonkey89 Feb 28, 11:17pm

ZagSlug
02-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Another idiot with a keyboard and an Internet connection....oh wait.....he gets paid for that?

meadgrad02
03-01-2007, 02:59 AM
This guy is ridiculous.

kdaleb
03-01-2007, 06:44 AM
I love this guy's reply:

I guess everyone here has short memories…The zags don’t HISTORICALLY travel all that often in the non-conference.

GPZagFan
03-01-2007, 07:13 AM
I stopped reading after this comment:

"they do pull off great wins because they play with intensity and passion. But they don’t do that much. Mark Few asks his players to do very little."

honestly, I couldn't read any futher...that is the most ridiculous statement...EVER! There is not a coach/program in the world that subscribes to that tripe: they don't do much? Few asks his players to do very little?

I'm almost ashamed that I'm letting this get to me, but to publish something like that? Infuriating...

RebornZag
03-01-2007, 07:33 AM
I think it's a lot more funny then irritating....I mean how could anyone take a guy like that seriously? Don't let a guy like him make you start your day off with angst inside ya....he's a little guy!!!!:)

Air Force Zag
03-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Hey, I know I wouldn't try to convince them that luring Coach Few away from Spokane is a good thing. If they want to believe that...fine by me. In fact, if it will keep Coach here for a while longer, I'll help them come up with a few more "facts."

In that spirit, I propose these "talking points" for prospective suitors courting Coach Few...repeat after me..."you don't want Coach Few because..."

- We don't travel and are afraid of the big game
(shh..better get a gag order for NC or Texas this year...or Memphis...or Maryland, Mich State, UCONN, Illinois, Cincinnati, NC State, OK State, Duke...or well...you fill in the blank...or most of the other "bigs" that refuse to play us unless its on the road or in a tourney)

- Coach doesn't know how to develop players, and can't judge talent (now, no one talk about next year's class...and for the record, Micah was never a McDAA...that was a different Micah Downs)

- Character means nothing to our program...Coach likes a cold, non-family environment (those happy players hugging and laughing after the last few games...they were told to do that for the cameras...)

- Everything that Coach has accomplished has simply been a fluke

That should get us started...

I was never here...you never saw me...

zagcheer78
03-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Ya know, I think we are getting to them. Seriously, if we were "nobodies" and our coach was worthless why bother to take the time and energy to write about us. I sense an elitist, "blueblood" snobbery in some BB programs and they don't like having their little club shook up.
Let's keep shaking their tree! It's fun.

ZagDaddy
03-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Another idiot with a keyboard and an Internet connection....oh wait.....he gets paid for that?

Hey Slug! Stop stealing my material!;)

4EVERaZAG
03-01-2007, 01:17 PM
For all the 4 and 5 star talent that they land, if anybody is underachieving it is them. Mark Few takes unknown talent and makes them great. Now that he is starting to recruit comprable talent to Arizona watch out. The sky is the limit.

UberZagFan
03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
And whoever brought up tourney disappointment, are you kidding me?

AZ has had their share as well:

1994: Final Four followed by.....
1995: First Round Loss as a #5

1999: First Round Loss as a #4
2000: Second Round Loss as a #1

Admittedly, those years were sandwiched around a NC and a couple good runs (certainly more than GU has accomplished so far) but in a lot of ways AZ is to college hoops of the 90s what the Braves were to MLB.

sonuvazag
03-01-2007, 02:36 PM
What's most precious is how the guy came on the post to defend himself around post 16. WOW. I can't believe he had the guts to do that and he seems to believe a lot of the posters were UA fans who cared what he thought about their next coach.

ZagSlug
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Name the last player that UofA developed.