PDA

View Full Version : pics from St. Mary's game

zagirl2k
02-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Slug had to stay home and watch the little one, so I did the best I could. . .
More photos from the game (http://thepelhams.org/zagpics/v/gusmc/)

http://thepelhams.org/zagpics/d/71-2/gu+at+smc+08+052+edit.jpg

Interesting evening last night. Some random thoughts. . .

Overall a good crowd and atmosphere. Less obnoxious than in previous years.

A few not ready for primetime moments (frantically unrolling an extension cord for the shot clock when the game was supposed to be starting and clock issues with a minute and a half left in the game).

I think they had most of the under 12 male population in Moraga as towel boys. Also, they don't dance very well.

It actually wasn't 110 degrees up high.

Josh looked totally out of it and like he didn't care. I thought the short leash from Few was well deserved. Kuso was at least playing his heart out.

Jeremy gave it his all, not much more to say there and Austin had flashes of brilliance and a couple freshman moments. Gray started out well and seemed to fade as the game went on.

It wasn't the reason we lost the game, but the reffing was atrocious. The phantom call on Gray was right in front of us and just baffling, along with several others.

I guess Patty Mills was so overhyped that I wasn't blown away impressed by him. Needs some work on the free throws, even the ones that went in were iffy. He is little and quick and skilled, should be interesting to see how he develops. He reminded me a little of Derek in the early years in his apparent enjoyment of dribbling in ways that accomplish very little.

The most frustrating part of Golden hitting all those threes was how low and funky his release is. Does he shot put in the off season?

I don't think there are any current WCC players I dislike more than Samhan.

The students that attempted the lame court storming should have their Gael Force shirts revoked.

That's about all I can think of for now. I still like our chances in Spokane. The tournament in San Diego should be very interesting.

I warned you my comments would be random!

gonzaga_is_life_itself
02-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Cool pics!
:D

GonzagaGurl08
02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Wonderful pics as always zagirl2k. Can I ask your permission to use a few in the season pics montage video I am making. I will most certainly credit you.

zagirl2k
02-05-2008, 09:47 PM
GGurl08- check your inbox

GonzagaGurl08
02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
GGurl08- check your inbox

Thanks, I just got your message. I figured I'd just ask. All I'm going to do is make a slideshow with pictures and music. We'll see how it turns out.

ZagNative
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
I guess Patty Mills was so overhyped that I wasn't blown away impressed by him. Needs some work on the free throws, even the ones that went in were iffy. He is little and quick and skilled, should be interesting to see how he develops. He reminded me a little of Derek in the early years in his apparent enjoyment of dribbling in ways that accomplish very little.
Loved that observation! ;) And that is some seriously terrific photography. Thanks for sharing. Great job!

lothar98zag
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
nice pix. too bad your seats were horrible. ;)

fwiw, I also took some pix at this game, but my camera is basically a disposable next to hers...

Angelo Roncalli
02-06-2008, 03:30 PM
nice pix. too bad your seats were horrible. ;

Her seats weren't bad...but the company she was keeping. Hmmm.