PDA

View Full Version : Who should be our Starting 5?

azzagfan
02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Here's a poll to go with the other thread that is being discussed.

cggonzaga
02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Pargo
Bouldin
Downs
Daye
Heytvelt

BroncoZAG615
02-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Pargo
Bouldin
Gray
Daye
Kuso

Until Josh is back in his happy place. For now, you have to start the more productive Kuso...never thought I would say that! :)

UberZagFan
02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Uber refuses to vote in polls that do not have a "More Cowbell" option, or in this case do not allow for voting for Sorenson.

Bulldog
02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Pargo
Love
Twin Towers
Weaver
:)

speed21
02-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Pargo
Bouldin
Downs
Daye
Heytvelt

yep

zag67
02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Pargo
Gray
Bouldin
Kuso (until Josh rights the ship)
Pendo (Daye learns from watching and can better understand the flow and not get quick fouls)

theothegreat21
02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Pargo
Gray
Daye
Bouldin
Heytvelt

I think it is important that Few continues to show faith in Heytvelt because he is so important to the ultimate success of the team. Also Zag67 im pretty sure in this weekends games Austin came in quite early in the 1st half because of Pendo's foul trouble. Im not sure Pendo is the guy to teach Austin to not committ fouls

abarefootboy
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Pargo
Bouldin
Gray
Daye
Kuso

zagman21
02-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Also Zag67 im pretty sure in this weekends games Austin came in quite early in the 1st half because of Pendo's foul trouble. Im not sure Pendo is the guy to teach Austin to not committ fouls

Reread the post. It says he can learn from watching and not get quick fouls. It doesn't say he can learn how to not pick up quick fouls.

I'd go with:

Pargo
Bouldin
Gray
Daye
Kuso

The only way I start Daye is against WCC oppenents or other teams that are less physical. He just can't get into a rhythm when teams are physical with him. Otherwise I would start Pendo in his place.

ebayzagfan
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I go with:
Pargo
Bouldin
Kuso
Daye
Pendo (barely)

Josh comes off the bench to rest Kuso. Coach Few has a good-sized doghouse: let Larry G. out of it and put Josh in it. I don't believe Josh has any excuse for his lackluster play the past several games. Give more minutes to Ira also; he brings immediate energy onto the court, plays hard defense, and can bring an arena to its feet with one rim-rattling slam!

Bouldin's minutes go down until he snaps out of his funk. Steven Gray gets those minutes. I also rotate Sacre' and Foster in and out to split about 8 minutes per game. These two need more playing time to build up to tourney time. Read between the lines: Josh's minutes go down dramatically. I'm sorry to be saying these things because I was a huge Josh fan even before he went down to injury in the Maui Classic what seems like an eternity ago (actually only two+ years ago).

Zag79
02-05-2008, 08:18 PM
pargo
gray
pendo
daye
josh

kuso spells josh. micah spells daye. bouldin spells gray. (split minutes for all i care) and throw in LG and ira more. im tired of seeing players that can spark us to a win with onre or two plays sit all EFFING game.

former1dog
02-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Didn't look at all the other line ups, so I think mine might be unique?

Pargo (1)
Bouldin (2)
Daye (3)
Heytvelt (4)
Kuso (5)

Pendo, Gray, Micah first off the bench depending on the circumstance. Probably Pendo to spell Josh.

Yeah, I know I contradicted something I wrote in another thread about Daye starting, but I changed my mind. So sue me. :D

Zag79
02-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I really like the looks of that lineup F1. great call. :)

former1dog
02-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I really like the looks of that lineup F1. great call. :)

The more I think about it, the more I like it as well. It is a great offensive line up. When we need to ramp up the defensive pressure, Micah comes in for Daye and Gray comes in for Bouldin, Ira or Pendo comes in for Josh.

With that starting line up you have 3 guys that can create pressure with the dribble penetration and finish or kick out for open shots, or draw defenders and drop dimes to Kuso and Josh. You've got the perpetual scoring threat in Josh and then Kuso the energizer bunny to clean up the boards and run pick and rolls with Bouldin.

Geez, I'm a freakin' genius!! ;) :D

gbnyba17
02-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Pargo (1)
Gray (2)
Daye (3)
Pendo (4)
Heytvelt (5)

I think this lineup offers a little of everything; ballhandling, shooting, rebounding, length, defense. I dont know why, but it seems like every big game bouldin just dissapears. Based off of the last two games, you cant argue he is playing better than gray of daye, therefore they get the nod.

TM27
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Similar to F1D's....

Pargo
Bouldin
Downs/Daye
Heytvelt
Kuso

Gray is amazing...IMO the most composed freshman to ever wear a GU uni (yes more than Stepp...if that is possible), but him playing the 2 forces Bouldin to the 3, which can neutralize Bouldin's advantages. Match-up problems exist at nearly every position...hopefully Few / team figure out what works best because relying on Pargo to go one-on-one is a complete mishandle of the talent on this team (although I love PGO and root for him loud, this cannot be the offensive sets that take us deep). But it is not all Few...players have to want to be on the floor....meaning they have to get at it on the other side of the ball as well. But I have digressed...Go GU!

Edited to add: I just read another thread where someone else called out the "Bouldin as a 3 issue"....oops! Just know that I agree with you! Not trying to steal your thunder :)

MickMick
02-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Pargo
Bouldin
Gray
Pendo
Josh

I'll go with what coach Few is doing.

jim77
02-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Pargo
Gray