PDA

View Full Version : Note to the Kennel Club

LongIslandZagFan
02-05-2008, 08:49 AM
I hope you were all playing close attention to how loud that SMC students were... the ENTIRE game. I haven't heard the KC that loud in about 1.5 years.

Get off your butts and make some noise and act like you want to be there.

tobizag
02-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Seconded LIZF!!!

:agreed:

tenniszag
02-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Preaching the KC being loud on this board won't do much. The students that read this board are the ones that are loud the ENTIRE game, and try to get others to be just as loud and into the game. Not sure how this problem can be solved because it's about half the student section that seems uninterested but maybe losing to Saint Mary's will help, for when they come to town at least.

Once and Future Zag
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Preaching the KC being loud on this board won't do much. The students that read this board are the ones that are loud the ENTIRE game, and try to get others to be just as loud and into the game. Not sure how this problem can be solved because it's about half the student section that seems uninterested but maybe losing to Saint Mary's will help, for when they come to town at least.

Easy answer for the KC - kick the wankers out of the club and get a new group of students to join the KC.

BroncoZAG615
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
I have no doubt that the KC will be rocking when skinny Samhan and SMC come to the MAC. People all over campus were pumped for this game last night and their is a general hatred for St. Mary's after the garbage that was last year. Personally, I haven't been as excited for a game at home since UW and that includes WSU. Maybe because it's because someone is actually good in the conference or what but there is going to be a lot of emotion in the building.

But agreed, it's time for us students to get original and get pretty nasty. They cant throw over 1000 students out of a game can they? :)

theothegreat21
02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
First off I am 100% sure that I and all fellow kennel club members will be absolutely amazing and rocking the kennel when SMC and Santa Clara come to town.

But keep something in mind, you watched St.Mary's biggest game of the season and it was very close. I promise you that their gym was nowhere near that loud when Portland was in town on Saturday and they won by 40. People on this board see the Kennel Club everygame, but usually see other teams only during marquee games. I guarantee you every other student section in the country would not be screaming its lungs out when it is up 40 against LMU. With all that said, the KC does need to improve and I am hoping that it will

mnzag24
02-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Easy answer for the KC - kick the wankers out of the club and get a new group of students to join the KC.

It's not that easy. there is no control over who joins the KC and who doesn't. i'm proud to say that i'm one of those that sits 4th row and leaves with no voice after every single game. i agree with tenniszag on this one, you're beating a dead horse.

pbriz
02-06-2008, 10:21 AM

Thats a good point. Most people that know about this board are pretty big fans in the first place.

Snagglezag
02-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Having been at Gonzaga for 4 years now, I can't begin to tell you just how annoying it is looking around at my fellow Kennel Clubbers to see texting, flirting, and gossiping. I almost died at the Portland game when I overheard this group of people asking "who's Derek Raivio?"The passion that I experienced as an underclassman in my first two years at K2 were magnificent. Major fans know it's a problem, and in fact, there was an email just sent out the student body for this very reason. We aren't even filling the left and right wings reserved for the students since we started league. It is a sad state and one can only hope that it changes fast. The home team is beginning to lose its home edge, which can be directly attributed to the Kennel Club. Readers of this board who criticize the Kennel Club have a great point, but as mentioned above, its like beating a dead horse. We just need to do our part to bring change and rejuvenate our famous student section.

ZagNut08
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
there were 700 seats left after ticket distribution last sunday. granted, they were given out at 10am sunday morning, but thats over half the section...500 were claimed monday, not sure if the other 200 were

In an email from the Kennel Board they mentioned there is a risk that students will lose the corner sections

Happy zagmantis?

cair3
02-06-2008, 12:15 PM
a friend of a friend told me samhan used to use a sports brah under a "wife beater" undershirt because his man boobs hurt when he ran.

sittingon50
02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
You also may have heard that the kid got up @ 6 A.M. everyday last summer to run with a teammate & has lost 60 lbs. since his arrival. May not care for his antics (remind you of Ammo?), but deserves his props for trying to make himself better (as does John Bryant).

BroncoZAG615
02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
there were 700 seats left after ticket distribution last sunday. granted, they were given out at 10am sunday morning, but thats over half the section...500 were claimed monday, not sure if the other 200 were

In an email from the Kennel Board they mentioned there is a risk that students will lose the corner sections

Happy zagmantis?

I went and got my tickets on tuesday. Sunday morning was just not what my body needed and Monday was class filled. But their were 200 seats as of tuesday but there was a pretty solid line when I got there at just about noon and a friend of mine went a little later and said there were still a good amount of people there. I think that e-mail got some folks thinking and they got down there. It would really be embarassing for this years Kennel Club and Board to have to relinquish those spots.

zagmantis2001
02-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Sure I'm happy that the powers that be are trying to get people off their butts and actually pick up tickets. I hope that the administration doesn't sell off those corners because the more students, the better the game.

Hopefully, they will come fired up.

I remember a game in the old kennel when Mark Spink was here. GU was playing for 1st place in the WCC against Pepperdine and to avenge an earlier loss on the road to them. The Kennel was non-stop screaming from the end of the national anthem to the end of the game. You couldn't hear the PA announcer, the whistles, nothing from beginning to end. Nobody sat down for the whole game-students or season ticket holders. My ears were ringing for about three hours after it was over.

That is what it should be like when St. Mary's rolls around.

zagfan07
02-06-2008, 02:56 PM
We need a UW repeat of last year. I expect the KC members to do some serious background checks on the St. Mary's players. Get into their heads. We did it to the Huskies last year and look what happened. This game is the Kennel Club's time to shine. If you can't get up for this game, you might as well be dead.

mnzag24
02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
a friend of a friend told me samhan used to use a sports brah under a "wife beater" undershirt because his man boobs hurt when he ran.

:lmao:

don't worry, we'll remind him