• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ezag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Will Heytvelt be able to handle Samhan?

He pretty much was non-effective against Bryant, I hope he has his coming out party tonight.
  • GonzagaLove
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

Good question. He has to play a lot better than he has of late. I hate Omar the Tent Maker and don't want to see him own us in the paint.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4i2TEEgMHM

Comment

• alaskazagnut

Can Omar handle Josh?

That is a good question also. Samhan will get his points and rebounds. If we keep him under a double double we should then have been able to focus more on Mills and stop their entire offensive flow. I think we will need some extra good performances from Kuso and Pendo.

Comment

• Bulldog
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

This is an important game and it is time for Josh to step up and become another leader of this team. If he has physical problems then I can understand his play of late, but if he is healthy and still not producing the way he is capable of then he needs to just gut up and do what everyone has expected him to do. He is far from NBA ready so far and needs to start playing up to his potential if he wants a shot at the big time.
        "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

• treehorn
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
          This is an important game and it is time for Josh to step up and become another leader of this team.
          Never gonna happen. This team has Leaders, it has Followers, and it has Heytvelt, who is neither.

Comment

• sullyzag66
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ezag View Post
            He pretty much was non-effective against Bryant, I hope he has his coming out party tonight.
            Let's hope so, but Samhan is nowhere near the force inside that Bryant is.

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

I hope so.

EDIT: Heh - even the shot clocks are afraid of GU.
              History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• scrooner
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Josh is sick/hurt/not in game shape. Don't worry though, he'll be ready by the time whenever rolls around.

Comment

• zagco
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Feb 2007

Zagco thinks before we worry about Heytvelt stopping anyone else, we should worry about him actually playing to the potential that so many have insisted is Lottery level talent. Zagco just doesn't know, because he's not played much, and he's played even fewer games without some sort of ailment.

The thing that seemed to hurt us last night on the floor (bad call or two aside), was the three point shot, which has been killing us for years. This 2-3 zone is a relic of the pre-3 point line era in college hoops. Zagco has never liked it, and he never will. Man up. Play matchup and amoeba zones. No more of this crap.

Comment

• SteeleMan
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Feb 2007

I was discussing Josh with a buddy last night, wondering if the game has passed Josh by. The time off the court with both injuries and his oops seems to be more than first thought...

Comment

• GUinSTL
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Feb 2007

zagco and steeleman both just said what i've been thinking for quite a while now. except when i think it, there's a lot more expletives laced in!

i'm happy JHgot over his drug issues and all, but i don't think he's the savior for this team. when are people going to quit referencing the 1 really good game he had a year ago? he's not the heart and soul of this team, a la Pendo or Kuso (God bless him he may not be able to make a lay-in, but he sure as hell gives you 100% every second he's out there). this team will move on without him if he doesn't get on board, i'm afraid.
                      what josh is trying to do is extremely difficult under the BEST circumstances, and the part of that we see on ESPN isn't going very well. it's HARD to be a great student. it's HARD to be a good father. it's HARD to be a comeback kid. it's HARD to be a supposed future NBA star.
                      can he handle all this stuff, AND get with the program on the court?
                      i, for one, certainly hope so. but i'm off the JH bandwagon until further notice. Daye for president!

my $0.03 (inflation)
                      ~B

Comment

Working...
                      X