PDA

View Full Version : If St. Marys were to win is storming the court justified

Bulldog
02-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Since St. Marys is ranked and favored by Vegas to win by 2-3 points, I really think it would be an unbelievable compliment to the GU program if they stormed the court, but I don't really think we will give them the choice.

GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOO ZZZZAAAAAGGGGSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!

thickman1
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I was thinking about this over the weekend. I think they'll look silly if they storm the court since they are the ranked team and you're right, GU would look pretty darn good to have a ranked teams' fans rush the court against them when they are not ranked themselves. Good times.

With all that said it won't matter though. GU's gonna win.

lothar98zag
02-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Just like Sat night vs SCU, the only thing keeping the home fans from storming the court is GU...

alaskazagnut
02-04-2008, 04:03 PM
the momentum is a very close game and they win on some last second miracle shot. If they were to lead the whole game and blow us out, then they just go home and think they are better than us because the "polls don't lie". However, we are that good and it is that important that they beat us.

I don't think it will happen though. 65-60, Zags win by 5.

gamagin
02-04-2008, 04:20 PM
storm the stands. Lothar, you are in charge . .

Nevtelen
02-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't know if it's appropriate still or not (I'd lean towards no, being that they're ranked and very legit this year), but I think it will happen. Those fans are going to be really hyped up and if SMC wins, all that energy isn't going to break up quietly...

sullyzag66
02-04-2008, 06:49 PM
It's been posted elsewhere today, but in an ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=whelliston_kyle&id=3229724) article, Bennett discussed the rivalry:

"When our fans stop storming the court when we beat them," Bennett said. "That's when I'll know the rivalry is truly even."

applezag
02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Storming the court just about always looks stupid to me. The only time I see it as reasonable is if someone wins a championship, and even then I'm not sure what the draw is. As a fan, I've never really seen the point.