PDA

View Full Version : ESPN BracketBuster matchups announced

CDC84
02-04-2008, 03:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3230018

Kent State is at St. Mary's (I had heard it was going to be Davidson, but I heard wrong).

One of Gonzaga's victims, CSU-Northridge, will be taking on Rider at home. Go Matadors!

RenoZag
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Friday, Feb. 22
UC Santa Barbara at Utah State
Davidson at Winthrop

Saturday, Feb. 23
VCU at Akron
Siena at Boise State
UW-Milwaukee at Bradley
Drake at Butler
Rider at Cal State Northridge
Marist at Cleveland State
George Mason at Ohio
Creighton at Oral Roberts
Kent State at Saint Mary's
Nevada at Southern Illinois
Miami (OH) at Valparaiso

Sunday, Feb. 24
Wright State at Illinois State

Kind of surprised to see Nevada on that list. . .they're pretty weak this year.

lothar98zag
02-04-2008, 03:56 PM
to anyone: please post start times when you see them. thanks.

Birddog
02-04-2008, 04:12 PM
One team that really goes under the radar is ORU. They are 15/5, 10/0 in conference. They are doing this despite losing two of their best players from last year. There are many teams that wouldn't want to play them.

Birddog

mtzaga
02-05-2008, 03:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3230018

Kent State is at St. Mary's (I had heard it was going to be Davidson, but I heard wrong).

One of Gonzaga's victims, CSU-Northridge, will be taking on Rider at home. Go Matadors!

The Mata-dors in the Mata-dome. What a lousy facility. When Northridge was in the Big Sky, it was referred to as the Mata-dump. I wonder if it still is?

MJGoGaels
02-06-2008, 02:55 PM
to anyone: please post start times when you see them. thanks.

I am informed the Gaels will have the late one at 9 pm, but their could still be a change to the 7 pm slot on ESPN2.

lothar98zag
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
I am informed the Gaels will have the late one at 9 pm, but their could still be a change to the 7 pm slot on ESPN2.
http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/banghead.gif

have a guess as to when a final answer will be known?

RenoZag
02-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Nevada is sitting pretty. That's where it stands right now.

Its 77-68 loss at Boise State last Thursday still stings.

But look at it this way. The Pack just finished a stretch of five games in 10 days. It won four of those games. And now it gets that rest and maybe a couple of meaningful practices before it has to leave Reno on Thursday and travel to Southern Illinois for a BracketBuster game Saturday. The table is set for Nevada.

The table has been set a bunch of times for the Pack this season, but the youngsters knocked over their water glasses or dumped the roast beef on the floor. The amazing thing, though, is that the table is set and ready for the Pack again. Maybe it has learned enough not to tug on the tablecloth and knock all the dishes off this time.

The spread is on the table for the Pack.

Southern Illinois has been winning lately and is 14-12 with one game against Northern Iowa before it takes on Nevada. The important thing is the Salukis have gotten their RPI to No. 54. That puts more meaning on the game than there was when the matchup was announced two weeks ago. Nevada's RPI is at No. 68, so it has something very real to gain in Carbondale, Ill.

STORY (http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080217/COL32/802170366/1018)

Akzag
02-18-2008, 11:26 AM
It seems so long ago (yet in reality not that long ago at all) that we played in the original BBuster ... Tulsa (?), and immediately the next year, questioned the need to appear it again.

Now ... I don't really see any positives for the Gaels participating this year. Meaning no respect to Kent State, but if SMC wins, well yeah, they were supposed to ... but if they lose, it's going to hurt. I still think even with a loss they get in even as an at-large but it could be a two-seed-drop-loss. I would encourage the Moraga faithful to avoid future participation.

[BTW, mj and other Gael fans, that is supposed to be read complimentary-wise]

Akzag
02-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Ak should add that yes, Kent State is an almost ramked team - ahead of GU in most polls - and it would be another top-50 win for the Gaels. But I just think that SMC too, will have outgrown this event by next season.