PDA

View Full Version : Andy Glockner Chat

TRhyno
02-04-2008, 09:06 AM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=19122

PortlandbasedZag
02-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Tory (Spokane, Wa): Andy, Who do you like in tonights Gonzaga vs Saint Marys showdown?

Andy Glockner: (1:08 PM ET ) I like Saint Mary's. The Gaels are at home, which will be a huge advantage tonight, and I'm not convinced they aren't the better team on a neutral floor. They have great balance inside and out and more legit scoring options than the Zags.

I dunno if I buy that they are better on a neutral floor...but I guess we'll see what happens tonight!

MJGoGaels
02-04-2008, 10:04 AM
... and his use of a double negative is atrocious. I would disagree. Neutral floor I would give the +1 edge to the Bulldogs.

Nevtelen
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
The good thing is we'll probably get to find out in San Diego...

Edit: Man, after USD's strong start, that tourney is looking like it'll be crazy - USD, St Mary's and GU all legit contenders on USD's floor. Whew.

sullyzag66
02-04-2008, 03:22 PM
The good thing is we'll probably get to find out in San Diego...

Edit: Man, after USD's strong start, that tourney is looking like it'll be crazy - USD, St Mary's and GU all legit contenders on USD's floor. Whew.
I'd throw Santa Clara into that mix, as well.

rennis
02-04-2008, 03:31 PM

without a doubt.

Zag4Hire
02-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I would say the only teams on the decline are Pepperdine and USF with the instability at the wheel, I think recruits will seek elsewhere. Portland could be good if there development progresses (they are all really young) and it would be nice to a Raivio leading another team in the WCC.

Nevtelen
02-04-2008, 06:03 PM

Santa Clara will be tough, no doubt, but I just can't see them winning it this year. On a good night, they could knock off one good team, but 2 in a row to win the tourney? I don't see it. They'll be a solid program in the future, though - Keating served notice on Sat that his team won't be lightly regarded.