PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga-Saint Mary's Preview

TheZagPhish
02-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Gonzaga-Saint Mary's Preview (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/preview?gameId=280352608)

"If we don't win every game, we take it personally," center Omar Samhan said. "The biggest thing we have to deal with is not giving teams any hope -- keep them down. Our goal is to win big every night."

Although the Bulldogs are undefeated in conference play and are averaging a WCC-leading 83.5 , Saint Mary's believes it can compete thanks to having one of the best defenses in the conference -- allowing 57.2 points per game.

The Gaels are winning by an average of 22.6 points in their 12 home victories and they have won two of the last three there against Gonzaga. The Bulldogs are 56-6 in conference play since 2004-05.

sdzag
02-04-2008, 08:05 AM
What arrogance? What about the loss to Santa Clara last year. They have never been a dominate force. You actually have to be dominant in the league for more than five games of one season. Great teams know that you cannot win Big every night. Sounds like overconfidence from Samhan to me, but what would GU know about that...We have never been at St. Mary's level of hoops before?

23dpg
02-04-2008, 08:13 AM
I don't see arrogance in his quote, I see confidence. St. Mary's is a good team. I think its great that another WCC team has stepped up to high-level college basketball.

St. Mary's is favored by Vegas for a reason. Do I think GU can win tonight? Of course. But if they don't, it won't be the end of the world. It will just be an away game loss to a very good team.

Go Zags.

beatsc
02-04-2008, 08:23 AM
hello,

I will be courtside tonight for the game. Am looking forward to watching your team compete. There are a number of gonzaga players that I think are the best in the league and I enjoy watching them play the game.

What factors do you think the sc game and some team illness will play on the game tonight?

best of luck.

Should be a great game!

beatsc

Once and Future Zag
02-04-2008, 08:43 AM
What factors do you think the sc game and some team illness will play on the game tonight?

I think Austin is back up to speed, but I think the bronchitis has set back Josh even further than when he came back from the surgery.

Right now it's a classic case of "the mind is willing but the body is weak" for Josh - as it appears to me. He seems to be a little afraid of going for the big play that he could do if he was healthy - for fear of his body just not responding.

And I think his tentativeness is spreading to how his teammates interact with him - less passes into the post, less alley-oop chances, etc...