• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goshzagit
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2007

What if...

Gonzaga, with all our talent, played with the heart, effort, and execution of a team like Santa Clara? Imagine the results...

That said, last night was a thrilling game between two rival schools; one with all the talent and the other with all the heart, and fortunately for us, talent ultimately won out.
  • zagsdan86
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

So Angley and Bryant don't have talent?
    Creighton '09
    SMU '12

Comment

• zagfan1
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

What if we played with the talent and heart of Memphis? Then we are talking some big results. Memphis has both and hopefully we were reminded of how we were humbled in the last few minutes leading into overtime.

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Goshzagit, I have a hard time giving the whole side of "the heart" ledger to the Broncos. . .Gonzaga's guys showed a whole lot of heart themselves.
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• TheZagPhish
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
          Goshzagit, I have a hard time giving the whole side of "the heart" ledger to the Broncos. . .Gonzaga's guys showed a whole lot of heart themselves.
          Agreed. I dare say they showed enough heart, drive and determination. I present to you, as exhibit A, the win itself.
          Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• Colbyspapa
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Jan 2008

heart

We played with a ton of heart last night. I cannot believe after that win that it is being questioned. Down 7 with a couple minutes to go, a team with no heart would have folded it in. Instead, Pargo drove to the rim, we made free throws, we made shots and we played great D.

Yes, we had some luck with "the foul" but it was caused by Steven's hard nose effort to ge to that ball.

Not only did we show heart, but we showed a high level of basketball IQ as a team.

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

What if we had lost?

What most seem to have missed we won...and we won (believe it or not) with HEART. I hate it when fans accuse the ZAGS of not having heart. I know I have done it too, but I have, to the best of my ability, STOPPED.

Last nights game did have heart, folks. It took heart for Daye to hit the 3 to pull it within two. It took heart for Daye to steal the inbound pass and toss it to Gray who, unfortunately, didn't expect Austin to have ZAG HEART. It took HUGE HEART FOR Steven Gray to leap about 10 feet in the air and deflect that inbounds pass, to keep his balance, his intensity and his DESIRE, to get to the ball first. DON'T TELL ME WE DON'T HAVE HEART...please. It took HEART to survive the crowd/fans. You think it's easy to win on the road? You have no idea....

I am sure there were plenty of other areas, but thanks to FSN, I didn't get to see them.
              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• McZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post
                Gonzaga, with all our talent, played with the heart, effort, and execution of a team like Santa Clara?
                Lack of execution is what created the two lethal turnovers that lost the game for the Bronc's. Save those crucial mental lapses, SCU did seem more prepared man-to-man to play that game. But that's because they treat the GU matchups as NCAA tourney games. That was their best chance to beat an NCAA at-large bid and missed it by a couple of turnovers. Unfortunately that's all it takes to lose.
                sigpic
                Gonzaga Basketball
                Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Comment

• fedwayzag
                  Kennel Club Alum
                  • Feb 2007

Reborn, here here. I agreed 100%. Also agree with you on FSN. Watching game and they skip the entire 1st overtime. I wanted to see how it went into tow ot's. OH well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X