PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Micah for WCC Player of the Week

GoZags
02-28-2007, 01:51 PM
http://gozags.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/022707aab.html

I don't remember seeing this posted, or if it was, headlined with a thread of it's own.

This is significant in that Micah Downs is finally getting into game shape and finding his groove. To be WCC POW during the weekend that Gonzaga clinches the outright Championship with two hard fought games is huge.

Congratulations Micah Downs. Now let's win Sunday.
------------------------------------------------------
Edited to add I am somewhat surprised that Micah didn't share this award with Parniseau or Dennisson. After all, Danny scored 5 points (on 1 for 6 shooting) in 36 minutes and Dennisson scored 6 points in 33 minutes in that big game against LMU that would have clinched the title for the Broncs.

madness
02-28-2007, 02:16 PM
This is very well deserved...here's hoping his minutes steadily increase!

BobZag
02-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Keep it up, Micah. No off-nights or letdowns.

El Voce
02-28-2007, 04:06 PM
If Micah would have been healthy, he would have been a lock for Newcomer of the Year. I predict he will hit for 30 in at least one game in Portland.

TCS88
02-28-2007, 04:31 PM
This may be his first, but it will not be his last. He has worked his way into the rotation and is finding his groove. The best is yet to come. Many were concerned that his attitude would hurt this team, I think it is just the opposite. He bring great new life and talent to the mix.

Go Zags, Go

bulldogshawn
02-28-2007, 04:42 PM
A great accomplishment for Micah, so early in his career. He was VERY impressive this week, winning that San Diego game for us.

McZag
02-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Excellent job this week when your team needed you most. Keep up the great work!

thespywhozaggedme
02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
POW this week, POY next year. I'm not being facitious either. He is that good. Imagine next year if someone wasn't so freakin' selfish: PG: Pargo, SG: Bouldin, SF:Downs, PF: Kuso, C:Heytvelt. Best starting 5 in college hoops. Darn you Josh! None the less sub JH with Kuso and insert Pendo in the 4 spot, add Brown, PMac, Daye and Gray and you've still got one of the best, deepest teams in the nation. Next year is gonna be fun folks. Real fun.