PDA

View Full Version : Before all the raggin', whinin' and moanen' starts

Birddog
02-02-2008, 07:31 PM
and much of it will be well deserved, tell us what you liked about the game. For me it was the radical departure from the norm to end the 1st half (Bouldin to Pendo for the easy layup). I'd like to see more of that, and less of the Pargo driblin' down the clock. It's just too predictable, and doesn't seem like it's that effective.

Birddog

applezag
02-02-2008, 07:41 PM
People like me will be deterred from whining too much about the game because we will be whining about FSN. Hmmm...maybe this is some kind of plot.

Have to like Gray and Daye late in the game. It shows they have the nerves to perform under that kind of pressure and will build their confidence for future similar moments. Speaking of Gray, did everyone see his face after that free throw? I don't think he felt good about it coming out of his hand, and looked really relieved when it went down. We'll take it! Speaking of FTs, thank God we shot them really well this game.

Also should give Angley a lot of credit, despite his bonhead play at the end of regulation (at least it was an all-out hustle play that reflected his effort throughout the game). He was so solid all game long.

ebayzagfan
02-02-2008, 07:54 PM
When Gray stepped to the stripe at the end of regulation, I had great confidence he would make both shots (well, OK, that 2nd one had some second thoughts!). The kid is cash money! I think he made some big strides as a result of playing on the big stage against Memphis! He was shaky in that game, but learned from it. Austin Daye-what can you say? The kid has an NBA future, hands down. Hope he's a Zag for at least 2 years.

And big kudos to Broncos' Brody Angley for his determined effort throughout this game. His unforgiveable foul against Gray turned the tide for the Zags, but without Angley's stellar play throughout, the Zags cruise to victory in regulation.

Helluva finish (after a 1st half that had me gaggin').

wazZag
02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Angley was yelled at alot by yours truly tonight. Guy played his heart out. Gotta love that effort.

JLGutrocks
02-02-2008, 08:10 PM
gutsy win against 3 guys having career nights (I hate it when 1 does).

let's rest up and open a can against the moragans.

Go Zags!

jim77
02-02-2008, 08:53 PM
It was good to see the youngins come through in the clutch. Christmas came a bit late in Santa Clara but I'll take it....on to Moraga!

wazZag
02-02-2008, 08:57 PM
It cannot be understated what hitting clutch shots does for a young player. Great developmental opportunity tonight for the frosh.

MickMick
02-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Zags beat a good WCC team on the road. What is there to complain about?

billyberu
02-02-2008, 10:31 PM
What little I saw of a great game were clutch free throw shooting and two freshman taking over. Surely, a sign of things to come.

Also, I believe that big John Bryant had zero fouls after the first half and we somehow got him into foul trouble as the game went on and then he finally fouled out in OT.

Hated the officiating (what else is new?) and sincerely wish we could attract at least some average referees to the WCC. Yikes! those guys were awful.

I'm just happy with the win. Sure I think we should be winning by larger margins, but this is the nature of the beast. Santa Clara was on tonight and by all rights they should of won, but they didn't 'cause they weren't clutch and Gonzaga was.

Ziggy
02-02-2008, 10:39 PM
They never quit trying; their heads were never hanging down. Patient, as hunters should be; waiting for the quarry to make a mistake (w/ 3 seconds left) and then pouncing. That's what I liked!

Birddog
02-03-2008, 03:54 AM
Also, I believe that big John Bryant had zero fouls after the first half and we somehow got him into foul trouble as the game went on and then he finally fouled out in OT.
That's exactly right. it was about 5 mins into the 2nd half before Bryant was whistled. What does this tell you about our Post play? We spent the first half jacking up 3's and weren't very successful I might add. In the first part of the game, we had him defended pretty well, he was taking shots from about 15' out, then they started getting the ball into him. He was at the foul line all night.

Birddog