PDA

View Full Version : Game-day Traditions?

Zaghuatanejo
02-28-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm just curious what, if any, traditions or routines everyone has on game days. Do you wear the same clothes, drink the same drinks, same viewing loations, etc.?

If it's a home game I put on my white #22 jersey (bought it because of Knight but it doubles for Micah) or for a road game I put on the blue #33 in honor of Chunk. I have not been able to will myself to get a red jersey yet...probably not going to happen. I only wash the jerseys after a loss, keep them stinky if they keep winning. I also lay out a little display of past GU players in hopes that the mojo will rub off. I switch hats. If they have a bad first-half I flip the hat backwards or visa versa. My wife thinks I'm a nut, which I probably am, but I'm a superstitous person (like Uber said, it must be from baseball). I have a few other "rituals" but if I reveal all then I could jinx the team and we don't want that to happen :D

brasszag
02-28-2007, 02:40 PM
I make sure I always have my Stone IPA's to sip on and at least 1 tumbler of either Jamesons 12 year or Redbreast 12 yr Whiskey during the game.

That's pretty much it.

I'm not nearly as superstitious as those Baseball guys...:P

RenoZag
02-28-2007, 02:55 PM
I make sure to see the Bunnies at least once. . .

NVzag
02-28-2007, 03:02 PM
The last time I watched a game without a cup of coffee, they lost.

That was a couple years ago.

That's pretty much it, x-cept for wearing GU gear on game days

former1dog
02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
I try to stay in a Holiday Day Inn Express the night prior to the game.

(I'll be here all week. Please tip your waitress.)

TheBeast
02-28-2007, 03:29 PM
You mean, besides beer?
When I'm at home, I get Zombie Nation playing though my speakers and mute during the game, then back on during the half until play resumes.
My other game-day tradition includes jabbering away about the game even though no one at the office cares.