• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaghuatanejo
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Game-day Traditions?

I'm just curious what, if any, traditions or routines everyone has on game days. Do you wear the same clothes, drink the same drinks, same viewing loations, etc.?

If it's a home game I put on my white #22 jersey (bought it because of Knight but it doubles for Micah) or for a road game I put on the blue #33 in honor of Chunk. I have not been able to will myself to get a red jersey yet...probably not going to happen. I only wash the jerseys after a loss, keep them stinky if they keep winning. I also lay out a little display of past GU players in hopes that the mojo will rub off. I switch hats. If they have a bad first-half I flip the hat backwards or visa versa. My wife thinks I'm a nut, which I probably am, but I'm a superstitous person (like Uber said, it must be from baseball). I have a few other "rituals" but if I reveal all then I could jinx the team and we don't want that to happen
  • brasszag
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

I make sure I always have my Stone IPA's to sip on and at least 1 tumbler of either Jamesons 12 year or Redbreast 12 yr Whiskey during the game.

That's pretty much it.

I'm not nearly as superstitious as those Baseball guys...:P
    There's no such thing as "garbage time" - there's only the time to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

That is what is best about being a Zag.

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

I make sure to see the Bunnies at least once. . .
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• NVzag
        Bulldog Fan
        • Feb 2007

The last time I watched a game without a cup of coffee, they lost.

That was a couple years ago.

That's pretty much it, x-cept for wearing GU gear on game days

Comment

• former1dog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I try to stay in a Holiday Day Inn Express the night prior to the game.

(I'll be here all week. Please tip your waitress.)

Comment

• TheBeast
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Hm.

You mean, besides beer?
            When I'm at home, I get Zombie Nation playing though my speakers and mute during the game, then back on during the half until play resumes.
            My other game-day tradition includes jabbering away about the game even though no one at the office cares.
            I wear a helmet while internetting.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X