PDA

View Full Version : Forget the SCU game

BobZag
02-02-2008, 04:28 PM
It's not meant to be tonight, folks. Better luck Monday. The Broncos brought it, the Zags didn't. Too much bad mojo out there on the court.

We've seen this movie before, ay? Bolt to a 7-0 lead, then kaput.

ZagNative
02-02-2008, 04:39 PM
There are seven minutes left in the game, Bob. Give me a break.

TuckC
02-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Two possession game with 5:00 left means ballgame?

BobZag
02-02-2008, 04:48 PM
There are seven minutes left in the game, Bob. Give me a break.

SCU simply wants it more. Too much "stuff" going on. You can see it. Zags' energy and execution is out of kilter. I want a win as much as the next guy but you can see it ain't gonna happen.

jazzdelmar
02-02-2008, 04:56 PM
great call BZ....u called this election before the polls even opened...now tell us why? whats going on w this team? its the same team as last year (dr out, 2 good frosh in, everyone better, right???) why????

TuckC
02-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Ummm... Stephen demands a recount.

BroncoZAG615
02-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Probably should throw the whole season away too. Try one of these :)

BobZag
02-02-2008, 05:07 PM
No killer instinct. Way too casual. It's like the hoops gods are voodooing the Zags. How many weird goofs happened in the 2nd-half? Had to be 6 to 10.

Maybe Gray's clutch FT's will reverse the mojo. I hope so.

But let's give credit to the Broncos. I mean, Angley has turned into a wonderful, tough PG and I think Bryant might have a paycheck waiting for in the NBA when he's done. I'm impressed.

Zerogame
02-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Are you KIDDING ME! Go ZAGS

BobZag
02-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Too much fouling = not smart.

Re: Bryant. I can think of some pro teams that could use him now, but with yet another year, he could be special. I wish he were on our team.

TuckC
02-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Zags never say die

BobZag
02-02-2008, 05:37 PM
It worked. :)

TuckC
02-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Yes... you giving up motivated this team...

TheSpokaneClan
02-02-2008, 05:40 PM
well Bob Zag, congrats you made yourself not only look like a huge idiot, but also a crybaby, and a hypocrite.

Whatever though Zags won!

JAGzag
02-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Yes... you giving up motivated this team...

Careful, BZ works in mysterious ways! :)

Bocco
02-02-2008, 05:42 PM
BZ if threads like this are going to work and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, you need to start a thread like this before a game starts, it will save us all a lot of stress and anxiety. :D

JAGzag
02-02-2008, 05:46 PM
well Bob Zag, congrats you made yourself not only look like a huge idiot, but also a crybaby, and a hypocrite.

Wow. Totally uncalled for.

Bocco
02-02-2008, 05:48 PM

Stupid post, BZ was just playing to all the glass half full posters. He is not one to throw in the towel until the final buzzer. Anyone who is on this board and pays any attention to BZ's posts knows this.

ZagNative
02-02-2008, 05:50 PM
SCU simply wants it more. Too much "stuff" going on. You can see it. Zags' energy and execution is out of kilter. I want a win as much as the next guy but you can see it ain't gonna happen.
Try this, BZ. "I'm sorry. I was wrong. I should not have gone into a pout and taken my beads and trinkets and headed for the door before regulation was over. I'm glad the team didn't cash in its chips before the final buzzer and give up like I did."

GPGUgrad
02-02-2008, 05:57 PM

Those colorful adjectives were a bit harsh!

BZ, had a point in the beginning of the game, Santa Clara wanted it more than us. At the end, the Zags pulled it off!

We need to play more aggressively.

I'll take a WIN, however, we can attain it.

Go Zags!

BobZag
02-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Try this, BZ. "I'm sorry. I was wrong. I should not have gone into a pout and taken my beads and trinkets and headed for the door before regulation was over. I'm glad the team didn't cash in its chips before the final buzzer and give up like I did."

lol, seriously? Okay, we're doomed... doomed, I say.

MDABE80
02-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Clan.... we prefer to stay away from name calling. REF's were trying to present a gift to SCU. Josh watched again even though he got some FT points. The 2 Frosh carried this one. We're lucky the newcomers don't know they're supposed to get beat.;)

TheSpokaneClan
02-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah I'll apologize for what I said BZ, I guess I was in the moment but its no reason to say that. Either way, now that you posted "Forget the SCU Game" and we won, I expect that if we're down against the Gaels you will also post "Forget the SMU Game" because it seems to be good luck.

Zagdawg
02-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Clan --
With time you will see this is how the Bobster works-- but the doom and gloom seems to have worked for us in the past--
Like was said the glass half empty speech kinda lets the air out of the naysayers sails and seems to give us good luck when it comes from him for some reason.

Everyone have a good Superbowl Sunday!! and lets hope the guys are rested for the REAL big game tomorrow--

McZag
02-03-2008, 08:46 AM

Clan - Hang in there. You'll figure it out sooner or later. Bob is the biggest fan on the board. He never doubts the team. His posts are sometimes designed to get a rise out of folks. And it works! Great Stuff Bob!

:D :D :D :D

ZagsNP
02-03-2008, 08:46 AM
I think BobZag is trying a little reverse psychology, and it's working. Usually before every game he would post a we can win this game, positive, optimistic thread and we would lose. Now he's takiing a "doom and gloom" approach and holding that position right 'til the very end, and we're winning. I always enjoy reading his posts, I think he's a right on, seems to have the inside scoop, and is well informed about the Zags. His last few posts were difficult for me to read, but now that I know they are a bit "tongue in cheek" I find them easier to swallow. And it seems to be working, hey, we're winning!

ZagsGoZags
02-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Clan, I thought the adjectives were name calling, and personal, so I, for one, didn't like it. However if Bobzag was spoofing he got a lot of response.

I tend to think BZ was serious, and making a prediction. It is easy to give opinions during a game, it is much more difficult to make predictions that come true.

I invite everyone who watched the game to go back to 6 or 8 minutes before the end of regulation play and recall what you felt like. For me, it was like a bad dream unfolding, when we needed to be stepping up, we kept turning it over, and it seemed like the whole team was choking. We needed to to get the score close and we were 7 behind in a close scoring game. I was not hollering like my usual self because somehow energy wasn't there. I felt a lot like BZ but I wouldn't have predicted we would lose. But it took guts to make that prediction, because now the whole world saw he was wrong.

gamagin
02-03-2008, 10:34 AM
it's good to be king.

BobZag
02-03-2008, 11:04 AM
it's good to be king.

Nah. I can see now that I took the wrong approach. Wrong subject heading, too much detail, playing up the foe too much, etc. Not enough folks know me well enough, lots of new posters, whatnot. I really needed to just keep it simple, like before with--

We're doomed.

That's always been okay.

alaskazagnut
02-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Top moderator, counselor, mediator, and especially devils advocate.

Not to mention a master at timely sarcasm.

A "Master Sarcaster" if you will.