• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 23dpg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Super Bowl or St. Mary's game.

If you only had the opportunity to watch one, which would it be?
    Super Bowl on Sunday
    9.47%
    St. Mary's game on Monday
    90.53%
    Birds aren’t real.
  • Rangerzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

More Cowbell
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• 23dpg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

14 to 1 so far. I didn't think it would be that one-sided.
      Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Akzag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

St. Mary's - this was an easy one for me. By the time all of the post Super Bowl coverage is over, I feel like I've seen the same game three times.

I'll miss the ads though ...
        So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• rennis
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
          14 to 1 so far. I didn't think it would be that one-sided.

I'm not that surprised. I don't think too many people are all that excited for the Super Bowl this year. We're all tired of hearing about New England already and the team that would have made it an interesting matchup didn't make it, so without Brett Favre on that field I'm not that pumped for the SB this year.
          Originally posted by Coach Few
          We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Not even close. Good to see. A HUGE GAME FOR THE ZAGS. Next to the SANTA CLARA game today, Monday's game is the most important of the season.
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Probably not much of an emotional investment in the outcome of the Super Bowl-- save a few office pools or friendly wagers here and there-- as there is in the outcome of the Gaels - Bulldogs battle within this relatively small polling group.
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• FrosTbear
                Kennel Club Material
                • Mar 2007

Even though I have never missed one super bowl and that I picked the Pats to win it all in July (didn't pick the perfect season). I am a Zag Junkie....Give me the Zag game.

Boy am I glad I can enjoy both great games and watch my two favorite teams.
                “Great plays wins games, but teamwork and hard work wins championships.”

Comment

• 23dpg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Maybe one of the mods (Reno?) could stick this up top and see how it plays out.
                  Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• MDABE80
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Super Bowls anymore are just sideline stuff........sandwiched between the glitzy stuff. I'd take the Zags anytime. .especially in a competitive game.

Comment

• Section 116
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I haven't watched a Super Bowl in years. For that matter I haven't watched an entire regular season professional football game in years. I'll take college football and basketball anyday!

Comment

• HOOTER
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

I could not care less about the Super Bowl this year. I am looking forward to the St. Mary's game more by far. Besides, I have to work on Sunday.

Comment

• Bocco
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Hands down college basketball game, especially if the Zags are playing. Usually I end up at a Super Bowl party but other than the years Seattle played Pittsburgh I don't pay much attention.
                          The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• MickMick
                            Zag for Life
                            • Apr 2007

Ever since Super Bowl XL, my view of the NFL has dramatically changed. From the national media's disdain for the Seattle Seahawks to the blatant one-sided calls by the referees in Super Bowl XL. Nobody east of the Rockies wanted Seattle in that game...let alone have them win it. The "Bus is coming home" story was rammed down our collective throats for a week. The unsportsmanlike tirade by Joey Porter of the Steelers was made larger than life.

That game did great damage to my life long love of the NFL.
                            I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• ebayzagfan
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
                              Ever since Super Bowl XL, my view of the NFL has dramatically changed. From the national media's disdain for the Seattle Seahawks to the blatant one-sided calls by the referees in Super Bowl XL. Nobody east of the Rockies wanted Seattle in that game...let alone have them win it. The "Bus is coming home" story was rammed down our collective throats for a week. The unsportsmanlike tirade by Joey Porter of the Steelers was made larger than life.

That game did great damage to my life long love of the NFL.
                              I agree, MickMick. The refs made it clear early and often that the Seahawks were not going to win SB XL. The play that still gauls me is the penalty on Hasselbeck for tackling the Steelers' interceptor. Clean hit, excellent technique. The penalty that resulted is a call I have never seen in 40 years of watching the NFL. After that game, I realized how rigged an outcome could be. I still watch the games (Packers), but realize it is more entertainment than true sport. Heading in the direction of the NBA, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X