PDA

View Full Version : Andy Katz Blog update

Just_An_Old_Zag
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
He states...

" Trust me on this one: There won't be many rowdier home courts than Monday night's Gonzaga at Saint Mary's game in Moraga on ESPN2 (11 p.m. ET). "

Perhaps, but just remember, St Mary is a hospital in Walla Walla, not a basketball powerhouse or mecca...

Go Zags

carrotzag
02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
He states...

" Trust me on this one: There won't be many rowdier home courts than Monday night's Gonzaga at Saint Mary's game in Moraga on ESPN2 (11 p.m. ET). "

Perhaps, but just remember, St Mary is a hospital in Walla Walla, not a basketball powerhouse or mecca...

Go Zags

Well, maybe. The students are done with the January Term classes today and many will be leaving for the week long break.

lothar98zag
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, maybe. The students are done with the January Term classes today and many will be leaving for the week long break.
It would be nice if that affected things, but I doubt that will translate into a low student turn out or low excitement levels.

sdzag
02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I mean got my tickets for like $70 a piece, this is not an easy ticket to get. It will be crazy!

former1dog
02-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Size of the gym and crowd proximity to the court makes St. Mary's a raucous environment with a sell out crowd. Kinda like the old Kennel, only a little smaller.

CDC84
02-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Sell out crowd at McKeon = 115 degree temperature on floor, 107 degree temperature in the stands

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/TRImages/McKeon%20Pavilion.jpg

zag944
02-01-2008, 01:51 PM
how well attended have most St. Mary's games been this year?

Reborn
02-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Once again, I can't say it enough, our scheduling this year was fantastic. St. Joe's, in their cracker box for a gym, prepares us well for St. Mary's. I think that St. Joe's, although unranked, is beginning to show that they are every bit as good as St. Mary's. AND WE DIDN'T HAVE JOSH OR STEVEN. I like our chances. And then, once again, you'll begin to see everyone (the ESPN analysts) jump on the Zag bandwagon.

lothar98zag
02-01-2008, 02:02 PM
how well attended have most St. Mary's games been this year?
ticket sales have been VERY good for SMC home games all year long

T-bonedazag
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
reborn...I could not agree with you more....the St. Joe's game was a perfect game to prepare the team for wcc road games especially St. Mary's and SCU

Bulldog
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
St. Mary's is all hyped up and ranked above the Zag's however IMO we have a much more talented team and will prove that on Monday night. The Coug's were ranked high and played a soft preseason schedule and now they are paying the price. They are dropping from #4 to the abyss quicker than they can get to the next game. I think the Zag's will win out the rest of the way as long as they don't sink to the level of play as their opponent and let it come down to a last minute shot.
Go Zags!!!!!!!!!!!