PDA

View Full Version : MVP This Year

the1andonly13
01-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Who do you think is the MVP so far this year?

I think it is Matt Bouldin. Although he sometimes has the inability to "step up" in big games such as Washington State, Oklahoma, and Memphis, he has produced against many quality opponents such as UConn, St. Joes, Tennessee, Va Tech, Western Kentucky, Georgia, and Utah. And remember he is still a SOPHMORE. Bouldin gets my vote for MVP.

MickMick
01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
A little soon. As of now, this is Jeremy Pargo's team. Matt will certainly have his day in the sun. We all are wondering how far Jeremy can take this team. That will ultimately define his legacy at GU.

Rangerzag
01-30-2008, 08:29 PM
More Cowbell

gu03alum
01-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Jp = Mvp

the1andonly13
01-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Although I think Pargo is a big time player, i feel he has been inconsistent this year with turnovers and such. And in the games that Bouldin did not play well the Zags lost (Washington State, Tennessee, and Memphis) However in the games Pargo played poorly the Zags won. Just my opinion.

mendiant
01-30-2008, 08:42 PM
too soon for this

recordeditor
01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
And in the games that Bouldin did not play well the Zags lost (Washington State, Tennessee, and Memphis) However in the games Pargo played poorly the Zags won. Just my opinion.

That Bouldin has pulled a disappearing act in the biggest games, against the toughest teams, is not a point that favors his "MVP" candidacy.

the1andonly13
01-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Although you are correct about his inability to perform in the biggest games MVP stands for most Valuable player. And when the most valuable player does not perform the team suffers. But i do agree that Pargo is a close 2nd.

ZagsGoZags
01-30-2008, 09:12 PM
what strikes me in the face is how different this "MVP so far" poll is from last time, when it was Downs, then Pendo.

If this poll had been taken just before Memphis, I would have expected Matt Bouldin to come in first.

I like this polling. It shows the changing tides of opinion on the board, and highlights the fact that we are lucky to have so much talent that it changes. Look at the years it would be hands down, almost all season, Dan, Rony, Ammo, Blake, etc.

recordeditor
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I like this polling. It shows the changing tides of opinion on the board, and highlights the fact that we are lucky to have so much talent that it changes. Look at the years it would be hands down, almost all season, Dan, Rony, Ammo, Blake, etc.

Not to be too much of a contrarian, but I do not believe that Ronny would have ever been the hands down MVP of the team (for a season, not a particular game).

ZagsGoZags
02-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I forget ....
He played with Blake Stepp, right?
That would make my assessment contradictory.

Thomas_Sutpen
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Although I think Pargo is a big time player, i feel he has been inconsistent this year with turnovers and such. And in the games that Bouldin did not play well the Zags lost (Washington State, Tennessee, and Memphis) However in the games Pargo played poorly the Zags won. Just my opinion.

Bouldin had 21 against Tennessee. This doesn't necessarily negate your theory, just one of your examples. I don't think he played all that well against Santa Clara, and we won.

the1andonly13
02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
thats true he had a good game against Tennessee. But i feel like Bouldin has been very inconsistent lately and against better defenders he really struggles to score. I might change my opinion about the MVP so far. =p

alaskazagnut
02-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Can polls be edited once they have begun? The spelling of Josh's last name annoys me. We, as Zag fans, on a public board, should, be able to let the lurkers from St Mary's or UW, know, that we at Gonzaga, know how to spell our players names. As well as not overuse commas in paragraphs. :p