PDA

View Full Version : Simply speculation and uncorroborated prognostications….

TM27
02-28-2007, 09:40 AM
The WCC tourney is almost upon us, and as a result, a tourney prediction thread is an absolute necessity. To kick this off I am opening my guesses up to the ridicule of this board – lets debate!

The tourney as I see it through my Gonzaga blue, white and red sunglasses:

Round 1:
GM1 – USD(5) vs. Pepp.(8) = USD in a close game 84-79

GM2 – LMU (6) vs. UP (7) = LMU may be the chosen sleeper (by ESPN) in this tourney, but they wont even get a chance. The crowd is out and LOUD and UP wins this going away = 77 – 69

Round 2:
GM3 – USD(5) vs. USF (4) = USF cant pull the tri-fecta (3 wins over USD this season) and loses in overtime 96 – 93. (Can I add that I believe, USF is the only team that beats us in this tourney, so the fact that they lose this game – causes me to celebrate early into the next morning).

GM4 – UP (7) vs. SMC (3) = UP’s feel good story ends as fast it started, with SMC winning. The Gaels trail for most of the game but overtake UP late in the second half to win 66 – 57.

Round 3:
Semi 1 – USD (5) vs. GU (1) = So I wake up with my hangover and am glad to see that Few accidentally left the 2 3 zone in Spokane, and GU rolls, causing all of us to go banana’s on this board, with Reborn and myself predicting national championships and CDC and BobZag reminding us that we haven’t even made the tourney yet. GU 92 USD 72

Semi 2 – SMC (3) vs. SCU (2) = Santa Clara’s fan base fills the Chiles Center with their hate for GU and their dreams of sweet redemption. “Classy Samhan” gives them the finger as SMC walks off the court with the victory in the best game of the year: SMC 111 SCU 109 in double overtime.

Final – SMC (3) vs. GU (1) = SMC pounds the ball down low, and I am nervously pacing my house; however, with a couple of defensive stops and Pargo coming up big, GU ends the game on free throws 86 – 77

Alright your turn…..

tobizag
02-28-2007, 09:55 AM
GM 1
Pepperdine over USD in a shocker...DeRegotis walks off the court with a tear in his eye
Pepp 87
USD 80

GM 2
LMU upsets Portland, attendance for the rest of the tourney is dominated by GU fans who are given the opportunity to buy all of the abandoned tickets
LMU 76
UP 65

GM 3
USF handles Pepperdine
USF 86
Pepp 74

GM 4
LMU in frustration sends two goons out to attack Samhan. SMC barely wins
SMC 65
LMU 62

GM 5
SCU expects SMC to be weakened with the absence of Samhan, and gets surprised
SMC 72
SCU 65

GM 6
GU rolls over USF...Micah scores 25, Pargo 18, Raivio 25, Bouldin 16, David 15
GU 110
USF 65

Final
Samhan makes a valiant Mallon-type effort to play despite having a broken leg from his Nancy Kerrigan experience against LMU. Unfortunately, Samhan trips over Bouldin's hair and Pargo's unreal moves while staring at Micah stroking a 50 foot three pointer...he breaks his other leg and dislocates both shoulders. He is taken off the court on a stetcher, sticking his tongue out at the crowd because his hands are numb and he is unable to flip them off. GU wins easily and heads to the NCAA.
GU 98
SMC 50

ZagMania
02-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Semi 1 – USD (5) vs. GU (1) = So I wake up with my hangover and am glad to see that Few accidentally left the 2 3 zone in Spokane, and GU rolls, causing all of us to go banana’s on this board, with Reborn and myself predicting national championships and CDC and BobZag reminding us that we haven’t even made the tourney yet. GU 92 USD 72

Unfortunately, Samhan trips over Bouldin's hair and Pargo's unreal moves while staring at Micah stroking a 50 foot three pointer...he breaks his other leg and dislocates both shoulders. He is taken off the court on a stetcher, sticking his tongue out at the crowd because his hands are numb and he is unable to flip them off.

LOL!

lothar98zag
02-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Good stuff in this thread. I'd take either result listed so far.

Rubbadub
02-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Beautiful Tobi! lol

Game 1
Despite a strong performance from Lea, Derogatis and USD roll fairly easy.
USD 86
Pepp 77

Game 2
Cooper plays great for the home team and leads the Pilots to a close win. Matthew Knight has an off game shooting % wise.
UP 76
LMU 74

Game 3
Very strong offensive performances all around. High scoring games from Derogatis and Pomare aren't quite as good as that of Kellogg, Surratt and Quezada.
USF 99
USD 96

Game 4
Very poor offensive game from both teams. Diamon Simpson plays very poorly, but so does Portland. Team play from SMC pulls it out.
SMC 56
UP 49

Game 5
Brett Collins plays well for SMC but overall a second poor offensive performance. SCU wins through decent scoring nights from Pariseau, Denison and Dougherty.
SCU 68
SMC 61

Game 6
No contest the whole way. Raivio, Bouldin and Downs lead the team in scoring. Kellog and Quezada have nice games but not enough. Score is closer at the end bc Few called off the dogs.
GU 86
USF 76

Final
Pariseau and Dougherty play great all game. Raivio and Pargo are impossible to handle however. Both score 20+. Nice game from Micah as well.
GU 80
SCU 75

NCAA Tourny bound!!!

UberZagFan
02-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Great stuff TM! I love the part about being put in your place by BZ and CDC.

siliconzag
02-28-2007, 04:21 PM
nm

BobZag
02-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Creighton joins the WCC at the last second and Silicon learns he has a year of eligibility remaining, joining the Blue Jays and taunts the crowd about how great they are...until they lose to Gonzaga.

;)

siliconzag
02-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Creighton joins the WCC at the last second and Silicon learns he has a year of eligibility remaining, joining the Blue Jays and taunts the crowd about how great they are...until they lose to Gonzaga.

;)

BZ, sometimes statements like this come back to bite you. I used to be more of a Zag than a Jay. These days, I feel strangely drawn toward the center, if you know what I mean.

Sili