PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Kane's knee ends career

BobZag
01-30-2008, 02:56 PM
She tore her ACL. I feel bad for Rachel. This is her fourth ACL tear. If she didn't have bad luck, she wouldn't have any luck at all. Kane' came to GU when GU had had nothing but losing seasons for years, but she came and it all started turning around. I remember Coach Graves raving about Rachel when she signed her NLI.

I do know Rachel is receiving a great education, and she's a superb student, so her future off the court remains bright.

Rachel was part of Gonzaga basketball history, a guard on the first NCAA Tourney team ever for GU in 2007. Only a few can say that.

Heal up, Rachel. A good life awaits.

Birddog
01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
In the US, the womens coaches,trainers, etc really need to do some research/testing and start trying some Physical Therapy type treatments BEFORE the dreaded ACL. It's a plague in the womens ranks. I was once told by my Ortho that strictly following some specific exercise routines would significantly cut down on the chances of an ACL tear for athletes. This was some years ago, but I have to believe there is some truth to it. Too many athletes are having their careers cut short or cut off because of this.

Birddog

zagzealot
01-30-2008, 03:55 PM
It's amazing the statistics that show the # of women that tear the ACLs vs the men. It's all in how women stand, run, jump, weight distribution, etc. I tore my ACL just a few months ago and in rehab the pt's were telling me that women, athletes and non-athletes alike, really need to pay attention to even some of the simplest mechanics of standing and walking that can contribute to an ACL injury when they do go and participate in sport.

Her 4th tear?! Ouch. Cannot imagine. Good luck in rehab, Rachel.

HillBillyZag
02-01-2008, 09:37 AM
From what I've read and heard Rachel is an outstanding young woman and an excellent representative of Gonzaga University. I wish her success in life and hope she is able to stay close to a game she obviously loves.