• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the1andonly13
    Redshirt
    • Jan 2008

Places to eat in Spokane

Like I said in an earlier post, I am taking a trip to Zag nation to see a couple games. I was just wondering what the best places to eat are in Spokane. Just wanna hear what you all think. Nothing fancy just a place to get the atmosphere and good food.
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

There have been a couple of good threads on that topic. These might be helpful:

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• J-Lo
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

Unfortunately, Arny's Diner, on the corner of Hamilton and Sharp, won't be among the places you can visit anymore. The owner shut the doors this weekend for good.

That place was a regular stop for the coaching staff with new recruits. I remember Tommy Lloyd bringing Pargo in there and giving him a pep talk the weekend before he was taking his ACT's to get into GU. I know it was a favorite hangout for a lot of players over the years, and I for one am sad to see it go.

Best of luck to Jo in her next endeavors.

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

the1andonly13,

I didn't check the dining threads kitzbuel linked, but I think the top of the list should be Jack & Dan's, near the Gonzaga campus, which Sports Illustrated listed as one of the best sports bars in America and is owned by John Stockton's dad. They have an adjoining family restaurant. I think you'd be sorry if you left Spokane without having been to Jack and Dan's.

Hope you have an absolutely terrific time on your trip!

Comment

• D Hark 2003
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

THe only place i miss from spokane is David's Pizza get a slice of the da vinci while you are there. I love that place. There strombolis are also of the chain.
          GO ZAGS

Comment

• maineblackbear
            Kennel Club Material
            • Feb 2007

David's is must eat pizza-- pricey but worth it.

For breakfast Knight's Diner is the best-- (actually Dave who was the owner of Arny's was a former cook at Knights and now has a place on the south hill but I am not sure what it is....)

I have a lot of suggestions, but if you haven't eaten at Knight's then you haven't been to Spokane :-)

mbb

Comment

• kyle dixon
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

Actually-OT

Actually, Jack Stockton recently sold his portion of Jack and Dans to a new owner as I understand. Arny's is out. Damn. That sucks. The stromboli was a classic..

On a different note, I hate giving Coach Calhoun any credit at all, but he has done one helluva job coaching this year. The upset win at Indiana coupled with the "w" over Louisville was nice. All of this with two suspended key players. This only bodes well for the Zags for rpi purposes.

Comment

• D Hark 2003
                Kennel Club Material
                • Feb 2007

If you are craving fast food i would recommend ZIPS. The pappa joe is off the chain there. Its a burger with a slice of ham and cheese and its oh so tasty and its only like 1.99, or at least it was four years ago when i last had one... Zips can generally only be found in eastern washington and Idaho and maybe eastern oregon too. Its too bad there isnt a ZIPS in Tacoma.
                GO ZAGS

Comment

• lawzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

You have to have one meal at a restaurant by the river - either Clickerdaggers or Anthony's - both are spendy, but if you just have an appetizer (to split) & a drink you can get out of there for about $10 per person & spend 30-45 minutes sitting before a clear glass wall watching the beautiful Spokane River.

I would also definitely recommend the Belly Buster or the Pappa Joe's at Zips, which is a local favorite & folks come from far & wide to grab one!

otherwise, as said above - the GU atmosphere at Jack & Dan's is like no where else & the stomboli at David's is awesome.
                  ZAGS RULE!!!

Comment

• Who Dat
                    Redshirt
                    • Oct 2007

Twigs

Twigs is great place to eat. They just built a new one out north. Twigs is also on the south hill and on the top level of river park square.

Comment

• gum797
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Nov 2007

Nobody has mentioned???

If in Spokane, you have to go to Dick's. It is an outdoor fast food place that looks dirty and old, but it is cheap and greasy food. Actually, when UConn played in the NCAA tourney here, they said that was their only highlight of Spokane

Comment

• Lurknomore
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Feb 2007

Give D'lish on Division a try....great burgers and fries!! I will also give a shout out to Davids for great pizza.

Comment

• the1andonly13
                          Redshirt
                          • Jan 2008

I do come from Buffalo which is the best place for wings and pizza. But thank you for all the suggestions we will surely choose one of the aforementioned restraunts.

Comment

• ZagNative
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Agreed about the need to visit Dick's restaurant, at 3rd and Division (immediately to the right of a freeway offramp from the airport), as part of a Zags-focused trip to the 'Kan. Neil Everett, on Sports Center on ESPN, who is from Spokane, frequently mentions Dick's when he reports on the Zags. After a win at home, "Then they all went to Dick's for Whammies!" It's a walk-up burger joint, no drive-through window, no interior seating. It's been part of the local scene for 45 years.

Comment

• Schmitty
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Feb 2007

Old Country Buffet. Dining out will never be the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X