PDA

View Full Version : Conference Champs! Wow, that sounds nice

RebornZag
02-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Can you believe we're conference champs? I'm beginning to come back to reality after Monday night (kind of emotionally thawing out), and it's still a little hard to believe that we're conference champs. It almost feels like I've been sleeping and now that I'm awake, it was a dream. But DANG IT....IT'S NOT A DREAM...WE'RE CHAMPS!!! UNBELIEVALBE!!!!

Yes THIS Zag team too. :D

A great beginning to the season, followed by many disappointments, then dispair (:D ) and then what??? I mean what DO you call what has happened....I feel like I've just witnessed an unbelievable miracle....someone told me not long ago that we "are still living in the age of miracles." I can handle that.

The unbelievable now seems believable doesn't it!!!
The unimaginable now is imaginable!!!:cool:
Are we on a roll? Are we rockin and rollin, yet!!! Are WE able to believe NOW???:eek: Dang, I'm having fun with all this!!! Going through all of this with all of you, our ups and downs, has made it all so much more fun. And just think...we still have a lot more great times to "bug" each other...(just kidding you all)...Well...kind of...Geeze the tournament starts in two days.....The WCC tournament is here.....Wow..Already?

thickman1
02-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Reborn - have you ever had to replace the "1/!" key on your keyboard? :D

Gonzdb8
02-28-2007, 09:16 AM
is it really that unbelievable? a nearly impossible dream? i realize we had our backs to the wall in conference for the first time in many years, but to call it the fulfillment of an unbelievable dream might be a stretch. however, when we win an ncaa title i'll join you in your dreamlike euphoria.

Rubbadub
02-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Reborn just gets very excited about his Zags basketball, :)
although i agree that the Zags winning the WCC regular season isn't exactly an unbelievable dream...

meadgrad02
02-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Not unbelievable, Yes, but I think a lot of GUnation didn't think that coming into the weekend we would win the 'outright' title. I mean did anyone think that SCU would lose both games to the worst two teams in the league, and lose the title? All they had to do was win one. I didn't really think it was that realistic. That just shows road games anywhere can be rough.

Rubbadub
02-28-2007, 09:51 AM
It wasn't probable...however, teams on senior night cannot be counted out against any competition level IMO. The chance of it happening was higher than you might think.

Zag79
02-28-2007, 11:20 AM
im actually surprised as many people have counted this team out all year. they are still the most talented, skilled and recruited team in the WCC, and good enough to go dancing. im calling a S16 run if they get through this wkend.

RebornZag
02-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Tell the truth!!!;) :) How many of you thought USC would lose two games in a road, and especially to Pepperdine? Not saying that you didn't hope they would, believe they might, but actually thought they would lose to Pepperdine......OK!!! If you say so!!! Zag79..I thought we'd win both of ours...and believed Santa Clara would get beat both times......but I have to admit...my faith was weak!!!

wazZag
02-28-2007, 11:33 AM
im actually surprised as many people have counted this team out all year. they are still the most talented, skilled and recruited team in the WCC, and good enough to go dancing. im calling a S16 run if they get through this wkend.

Amen, they'll be tough to defend in the postseason.