PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to San Diego and new coach Bill G

Reborn
01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow...what a win for long time friend and assistant coach of the Zags. I really like his team, and I thought they gave the Zags all we could handle a week ago. Zagdom is smiling for our friend down south of us....Johnson continues to play great. Wow. I think this must have taken us all by surprise. I know it did me. I had San Diego beating us in their house, but I guess what I meant to say was that they were going to beat St. Mary's in their house.

Thanks for the favor coach. Keep it up too. You are tied for second with St. Mary's. You're off to a hell of a start for a first year coach, and you are bright shining light who once dwelled in the center of Zagdom. Also congrats on your victory over Santa Clara as well. 2 great wins this weekend. I am sure you will have a lot to share with your long time friend, Coach Few. :)

mendiant
01-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow, I hadn't even considered the GU connection there...

thanks for bringing that up Reborn..

Congrats to Coach Grier for another good win...

Shall we look forward to a San Diego NCAA appearance???

Let's hope!

After we win it all of course...

mendiant

zag67
01-29-2008, 06:21 PM
I also believe that Coach Grier has done a super job. This is really going to help in the recruiting of players during the future. These type of wins and the ones like at Kentucky are going to show the kids that he can coach.

westcoasthoops101
01-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I think that Grier has USD going in a great direction. I could really seeing their program being a consistent top 2-3 team in the WCC for years to come.

MickMick
01-29-2008, 07:44 PM
USD is looking very smart in the hire of Grier. He has that team playing very well. You have to think that Rice's stock has risen as a result.

Reborn
01-30-2008, 11:00 AM
I was thinking that about Rice as well, MickMick. I knew that sooner or later that the Zag assistants were going to be leaving. They (Few) have developed an elite program, and all of them will be head coaches if they have that desire (Grier). I see the young man (who was from Walla Walla when he was playing only a few years back) from the Zags a few years ago on the bench for San Diego as well.

zag67
01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
I wonder, now that Tinsley has opted out, whether Grier might have an inside track. Since he probably did a lot of recruiting when at GU, maybe he can convince Brad to go to SD. That would really help solidify his team for years to come.

DoggieDogpound
01-30-2008, 11:31 AM
I wonder, now that Tinsley has opted out, whether Grier might have an inside track. Since he probably did a lot of recruiting when at GU, maybe he can convince Brad to go to SD. That would really help solidify his team for years to come.

Have a feeling that you are right about getting Tinsley at USD.

Robzagnut
01-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Coach Rice was on the Dennis Patchin show yesterday and jokingly referred to San Diego as Gonzaga South.

sittingon50
01-30-2008, 06:49 PM
USD had 2 guys quit @ semester, so they should have some scholies available.

Nevtelen
01-30-2008, 08:22 PM
I doubt Grier will get him - I'd guess Cal or Utah or some other decently big program out of left field. But if he did... wow. What a coup that would be!