PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to change the GUnit thread?

gozagswoohoo
01-29-2008, 01:35 PM
A couple people brought up the idea of making it a poll rather than everyone posting their pick. The one thing I like about posting your own pick, is that everyone can read who picked who, and most of the times WHY they picked that person.

What do you say?

kitzbuel
01-29-2008, 01:41 PM
I like the idea of the poll, but you are limited to five options.

TheZagPhish
01-29-2008, 01:43 PM
More cowbell. Honestly.
There is a decided lack of high end percussive drive in the GUnit threads. Clap track would be too housy, big bass too jungle. Cowbell is just right. I prefer the off beat, btw, and maybe something in three every now and again, just to switch it up. Thank you.

bzzz61
01-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I like the poll and then people can still post why they picked who they did.

Rubbadub
01-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I like the idea of the poll, but you are limited to five options.

I thought it was 10?

ZagNative
01-29-2008, 01:45 PM
I like it as it is and appreciate the work that WooHoo is willing to do to tally the votes. Other people's comments sometimes give me a different slant that affects my vote, for the better.

Rubbadub
01-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I like it as it is and appreciate the work that WooHoo is willing to do to tally the votes. Other people's comments sometimes give me a different slant that affects my vote, for the better.

1. I still haven't seen any proof or evidence that less people would post their opinions if there was a poll...

2. The final figures would be FAR more representative of how GUNation really felt if there was a poll. Polls in this forum regularly garner 10 times more responses than the G Unit threads.

Akzag
01-29-2008, 01:50 PM

Tsk! Tsk! Vote your conscience, dear. ;)

kitzbuel
01-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I thought it was 10?
Some quick FOO research indicates you are correct.

gozagswoohoo
01-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Some quick FOO research indicates you are correct.

Nice work Kitz, you should be a detective or a scientist or something.

And ZN- I know exactly what you mean about seeing other people's reasoning about the GUnit. I often pick mine, then by the end of the thread have a perspective on how great of a game someone else played too...i like that.

ZagMania
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
More cowbell. Honestly.
There is a decided lack of high end percussive drive in the GUnit threads. Clap track would be too housy, big bass too jungle. Cowbell is just right. I prefer the off beat, btw, and maybe something in three every now and again, just to switch it up. Thank you.

:clap:

D Hark 2003
01-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I would keep everything the same except I would stop calling it the GUnit. We are not rappers and 50 Cent and GUnit are lame. How bout player of the game thread. Get Rid Of GUNIT they are the worst rap group alive. Why advertise for them?

RenoZag
01-29-2008, 02:37 PM
I would keep everything the same except I would stop calling it the GUnit. We are not rappers and 50 Cent and GUnit are lame. How bout player of the game thread. Get Rid Of GUNIT they are the worst rap group alive. Why advertise for them?

Heresy !!

;)

P.S. WooHoo, if you don't mind compiling the votes, then keeping the status quo would be OK by this pollster. Reading the thread is half the fun !!

Thomas_Sutpen
01-29-2008, 03:06 PM
The final figures would be FAR more representative of how GUNation really felt if there was a poll. Polls in this forum regularly garner 10 times more responses than the G Unit threads.

This is EXACTLY why it shouldn't be a poll. If you're not going to put the time into reading the thread, I don't want your vote to count. Any yoohoo (not woohoo, mind you) can point the mouse to a poll button, but only a "true fan" would take the time to type in his/her answer.

Woohoo, don't fall prey to the tyranny of the majority. Keep the GUnit as is. Assert your autocratic self and ignore the ninnies who want the poll (ad hominem, sorry).

rawkmandale
01-29-2008, 03:25 PM
It's probably best as is, but to some degree this whole "who's best?" stuff diminishes the concept of team. I'll probably participate anyway, because I'm too caught up in the excitement that is Gonzaga Basketball, and am addicted. Someone help me. This is an official "cry for help." However, I'm not looking for a First Round Exit as a solution.

zag67
01-29-2008, 03:27 PM
If you do change it, I think that we should add one new one which is a g-unit of TEAM. There are times that I feel that there is not one G-unit, but the team is the G-unit.

MedZag
01-29-2008, 04:38 PM
This is EXACTLY why it shouldn't be a poll. If you're not going to put the time into reading the thread, I don't want your vote to count. Any yoohoo (not woohoo, mind you) can point the mouse to a poll button, but only a "true fan" would take the time to type in his/her answer.

Woohoo, don't fall prey to the tyranny of the majority. Keep the GUnit as is. Assert your autocratic self and ignore the ninnies who want the poll (ad hominem, sorry).

I tend to agree with this. Reasoned arguments trump itchy mouse fingers any day.

Nevtelen
01-29-2008, 05:00 PM
It's probably best as is, but to some degree this whole "who's best?" stuff diminishes the concept of team. I'll probably participate anyway, because I'm too caught up in the excitement that is Gonzaga Basketball, and am addicted. Someone help me. This is an official "cry for help." However, I'm not looking for a First Round Exit as a solution.

And you think the rest of us are better off because... ?

GUnit should not be changed - it's a great read and I like the ability to pick 1 GUnit, but discuss reasons and other's games as well. Seems like that would be diminished with a poll.

UberZagFan
01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Woohoo:

Uber says you better not change anything!!! Rub is succumbing to the masses. And most certainly you should not have created a poll in this thread to decide whether to change to a poll in the GUnit thread. The comments in this thread are a good example of what others have stated here: most of the comments are against a poll; however right now as Uber votes the poll option is leading. why? because it's easy to just click and run as opposed to perusing the thread, typing your vote and justifying it.

But there are many other reasons not to change it:

1) Woohoo has traditionally done the GUnit thread in this manner long before the board allowed for polls;

2) Despite what Rub believes, the amount of comments will decline because the votes become anonymous (Uber knows that you can make the poll show who voted how but many don't know that and many other would never look so the vote will feel anonymous) and now when you have to type the vote, some feel the need to back it up with argument.

3) While one may always count up the votes in the current format, most are less inclined to do so and so the votes are not swayed by who's in the lead.

4) If one can't type in the vote, then Uber sees no reason why that one's vote should be counted; and

5) Uber the Great likes it the way it is!!!

Woohoo: if you change the way this thread is operated, Uber will vow to create a competitive thread where a poster can vote for the ZagUnit* and will have to type his/her vote and following the final tally Uber will announce the "The Official Woohoo ZagUnit of the Game"!

*Uber was thinking of calling it the "UberUnit" but that sounds kinda weird.

mendiant
01-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I like it the way it is...

A poll format may make some tend to read the poll only, then vote and NOT back up the reasons for their vote.

Keep it the way it is Woohoo...

mendiant

LongIslandZagFan
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I gotta fever and the only thing that can cure it is more cowbell.

Oh and keep the darn thing the way it is. If people want to keep it simple and not have to "talk" they can simply type the name in.

My GUnit for this thread... Cowbell!!!!

lawzag
01-29-2008, 06:54 PM
keep it the way it is!
it is a tradition!
there's an old adage that I taught my kids growing up - "if it works don't F*** with it! (sorry about the language ZN :o )

besides, Woohoo needs to practice his math skills....:p

Rangerzag
01-29-2008, 06:57 PM
so don't "fix" it.

If you can't even write a name, have someone who can start a separate poll for you, but leave WooHoo's jewel alone.

A proper poll needs to allow multiple choices recorded, one of them needs to be "More Cowbell" and I don't see that happenin' on this forum.

What if I want to vote for Sorenson and the poll doesn't include the option ????:confused:

Just leave it like it is.

Rangerzag
01-29-2008, 07:00 PM
My GUnit for this thread... Cowbell!!!!

I got a feva.......................and like he said.

Ziggy
01-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I like it the way it is, name included! A year now and it's a tradition. It helps us socialize and forces the lurkers out of the wood work. And that is a good thing IMO.

Maybe that explains the bulge FOR the poll...

D Hark 2003
01-29-2008, 07:34 PM
whatever. you guys keep it the way you want. im just sayin GUNIT is lame

gozagswoohoo
01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I think I WILL keep it the same...for a couple reasons. First, like someone just mentioned, I've been doing it this way already for a long time. Second, the poll at the top of this thread is a perfect example of what I WOULDN'T want to happen. So far, the top vote getting option is to change it to a poll, yet...95% of the posts in this thread say to keep it the same. I think we'd have to many people jumping in just to click a vote option, yet, not type what they really think. Does that make sense?

Oh, and uber, I really like the uberunit, it almost sounds like some form of currency. :-) (And did you tell your bro to look at the Memphis pictures thread? I put a pic up for him)

gozagswoohoo
01-29-2008, 07:49 PM
whatever. you guys keep it the way you want. im just sayin GUNIT is lame

Hark- Yes...the name might be a little lame, it started as somewhat of a joke. It was all because it made sense... GU....GUnit...I dunno. But it has stuck now...I think it is to late to turn back. It'd be breaking a very very very long tradition. :-)

kitzbuel
01-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I think I WILL keep it the same...for a couple reasons. First, like someone just mentioned, I've been doing it this way already for a long time. Second, the poll at the top of this thread is a perfect example of what I WOULDN'T want to happen. So far, the top vote getting option is to change it to a poll, yet...95% of the posts in this thread say to keep it the same. I think we'd have to many people jumping in just to click a vote option, yet, not type what they really think. Does that make sense?

Oh, and uber, I really like the uberunit, it almost sounds like some form of currency. :-) (And did you tell your bro to look at the Memphis pictures thread? I put a pic up for him)

(Uber needs to keep his unit outta here!)

MrsWooHoo
01-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Mrs woohoo votes for the poll. woohoo has been spending way to much time counting votes when he should be making little woohoos! :mad:

MedZag
01-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Mrs woohoo votes for the poll. woohoo has been spending way to much time counting votes when he should be making little woohoos! :mad:

Post of the year.

rawkmandale
01-29-2008, 08:45 PM
I guess MrsWooHoo votes for ringing the bell more often!

UberZagFan
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM

(Uber needs to keep his unit outta here!)

Uber agrees.

Zag79
01-29-2008, 09:53 PM
keep it the way it is. make people post the reason behind their political vote....

USMC69
01-29-2008, 11:08 PM

Instant hall of fame :D

WooHoo, keep like it is.

ZagsGoZags
01-30-2008, 01:19 AM
keep it the way it is

gozagswoohoo
01-30-2008, 05:11 AM

Hey meany! I devoted 27 seconds to you a couple nights ago, and I went for a marathon and gave 1 minute, 08 seconds last night! What more do you want from me woman??!!

Rangerzag
01-30-2008, 05:22 AM
Hey meany! I devoted 27 seconds to you a couple nights ago, and I went for a marathon and gave 1 minute, 08 seconds last night! What more do you want from me woman??!!

And I suppose you put a bean in the jar for each of those brief encounters ;)

;) ;) ;)

gozagswoohoo
01-30-2008, 06:23 AM
And I suppose you put a bean in the jar for each of those brief encounters ;)

;) ;) ;)

You KNOW it! That jar is about to OVERFLOW with beans!!! (To bad I use a glass jar from Gerber baby food.... :-(

sdzag
01-30-2008, 06:41 AM
I'm always for a poll but I voted more cowbell. I think that if you want more votes go poll and cowbell, if you want people to defend their pick, keep it the way it is but with more cowbell and maybe an actual cow.