PDA

View Full Version : Is this good or bad?

thickman1
01-28-2008, 08:14 PM
San Diego dumped St. Mary's at the Slim Gym tonight. Personally I hoped for the Gaels to be undefeated in conference play to hype up the upcoming game. Glad to see Billy knock them off though. Maybe folks in Moraga will stop squaking about how great they are. :D

Boxscore: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=280280301

fedwayzag
01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
I think it is a good thing. When you're supposed closest competitor losses a conf game. Means we have a better chance of winning the conf and seeded first in the tourney. Being seeded first has eral advantages. Great job by Coach Grier and USD

RenoZag
01-28-2008, 08:22 PM
It's good. The Zags want to win the WCC regular season title to garner the #1 seed in the WCC Tourney. . .and GU isn't bulletproof by any stretch, so being up a game in the loss column is a good thing, IMO.

HOOTER
01-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Saying it's good would be the right answer, but a small part of me would have liked the Zag's be the first to knock the mighty Gaels off their high horse and bring them back to reality. Oh well.

23dpg
01-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Put me down for bad. I wanted St. Mary's to win every other game except ours. This would have made both regular season games big news. Plus, It is still in our best interests if this conf. improves. The first step would be to have St. Mary's qualify for the dance. (As an at large bid)

zagco
01-28-2008, 08:35 PM
If it's illegal to enjoy a little innocent, fun-loving Shadenfreude, lock Zagco up and throw away the keys. :D

sullyzag66
01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Saying it's good would be the right answer, but a small part of me would have liked the Zag's be the first to knock the mighty Gaels off their high horse and bring them back to reality. Oh well.
Maybe the horse isn't that high.

alaskazagnut
01-28-2008, 09:44 PM
is worth more than 2 in the bush. I think only for today is the win good for GU. That means we are again tops in the WCC. But I really liked our chances against St. Marys for a showdown of WCC unbeatens and a ranked win to solidify in the nations mind who exactly owns the WCC. We do!!!

roxdoc
01-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Not good. Probably means that StM will be even more inspired to beat us and definitely not overconfident (which was my secret hope:D )