PDA

View Full Version : Pargo leads the WCC in...

MBZags
01-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Assist to turnover ratio at 2.6.

Saw the stat in the Spokesman-Review on either Thursday or Friday and thought it was interesting enough to pass along.

Rubbadub
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
In WCC games? Overall, he's 1.8 and rising...

2.0 or better in the last 6 games, 1.0 or better every game since late November.

MickMick
01-28-2008, 10:36 AM
He has made a believer out of me. I don't think I can recall a player improving as much in two years as Jeremy. If detractors can let go of the past (not let it influence current thinking), then they would notice that Jeremy has become a great player.

I am one detractor that had to let go.

MDABE80
01-28-2008, 12:18 PM
He's been doing much much better. Seems like he's been doing what needs to be done to drive this team to victory. Mechanics look SO much better now. If the team isn't getting it done, as with the Memphis game, he'll do everything HE can to get a win. So impressed with Jeremy on Saturday. If he can do that against Mempphis, there's no resaon he can't score and hand out lots of assists.
Hey Even JAZZ gave him praise! THAT has to count for somethin;) Oh and He'll be back. 10 games to go in the regular season. Only now is he rounding into shape. Before he was a PG who scored decently but his 3's were at 26% and FT at 56%. TUrnovers were terrible. WHo takes a PG who doesn't score well, can't shoot FT's and turns the ball? Answer:NOBODY!. Jeremy is doing much better now but he'll be back. Test the waters all you want, he'll be back and he still has loads of work to do if he's thinking NBA. Boy he's got guts though:)

zzzjag
01-28-2008, 01:15 PM
If you can, go back and look at the Texas Tech game in the GAS.

Jeremy 'initiated' the offense just after crossing half court with a pass. Someone said he was sick or had the flu. He was generally not himself that game and I would say that was one of the main reasons Bobby Knight's team came away with the W.

Its been nice to see him involve the entire team as a good point guard does. It has also been nice to see him take over when need be. I feel a great balance of both is required for the Zags to continue to win. There was a post citing his big games this season resulted in a L but the Zags need him to set the tone both in running the team and looking for his own opportunities as well.

Reborn
01-28-2008, 01:57 PM
And for a guy whom many in his own Kindom have had severe doubts about. And actually more then doubts. I appreciate your humility Mick Mick, and your openmindedness.

Pargo vs Rose was merely a prelude to what we're going to see soon...Pargo vs Mills...who early on is predicted to be 2nd team All-American. Will Pargo have anything to say about that? Hell yes. Like Rose, Mills is too important to St. Mary's offense to guard Pargo....look for another big scoring night for Jeremy.