PDA

View Full Version : Forde Minutes

Qhall43
02-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Here's Pat's take on the Zags and the WCC tourney:

West Coast Conference -- Gonzaga (10) has been the Fidel Castro of the WCC: ruler for as long as anyone can remember. This year, the Zags had to fight off a fresh challenge from Santa Clara (11) to win the regular season, but still don't have an NCAA bid locked up. The Broncos fumbled away the regular-season title by losing their last two games, but the bracket sets them (and the Bulldogs) up with a free pass to the semifinals. Watch out for ultra-dark horse Loyola Marymount (12), which was just 5-9 in the league but went 3-1 against Santa Clara and Gonzaga.

Also, D-Rav's on the frontpage of ESPN.com right now as the picture accompanying the story

zagster318
02-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Here's Pat's take on the Zags and the WCC tourney:

West Coast Conference -- Gonzaga (10) has been the Fidel Castro of the WCC: ruler for as long as anyone can remember. This year, the Zags had to fight off a fresh challenge from Santa Clara (11) to win the regular season, but still don't have an NCAA bid locked up. The Broncos fumbled away the regular-season title by losing their last two games, but the bracket sets them (and the Bulldogs) up with a free pass to the semifinals. Watch out for ultra-dark horse Loyola Marymount (12), which was just 5-9 in the league but went 3-1 against Santa Clara and Gonzaga.

Also, D-Rav's on the frontpage of ESPN.com right now as the picture accompanying the story

For anything basketball related, it's always cool seeing GU on the front page of ESPN. My favorite is the picture of AMMO raising his arms in victory after the win against #3 OSU during the 04-05 season.

RebornZag
02-28-2007, 07:57 AM
for the heads up on this one Qhall: I may have missed it. Great photo of Drav and a fantastic article....by Pat Forde. He really breaks down the history of the characteristics of teams making the NCAA tournament. Enjoyed it!!!:)

GDaleZag
02-28-2007, 08:33 AM
My favorite is the picture of AMMO raising his arms in victory after the win against #3 OSU during the 04-05 season.

The picture of AMMO after the WCC championship game last year, when he's raising his arms, and he is actually IN the kennel club is a pretty sweet picture. Probably my personal favorite, but maybe its because you can see a little piece of me in it.

Kiddwell
02-28-2007, 09:24 AM
How 'bout the King David! The Starship Basketball! The Roundball Cosmological Constant!

:]

alert2
02-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Ultra-Dark Horse. I like the sound of that.:D