PDA

View Full Version : Few's emotions last night...

ZagAddict
02-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Did anyone else catch Few's emotions at the end of the game last night against USD? I loved the way that he embraced his players (specifically Downs, Raivio, and Pargo) as soon as the final horn sounded. That display showed me how committed he is to his players, and the type of coach he is. GU is extremely lucky to have such a geniune person as a head coach.

meadgrad02
02-27-2007, 07:17 PM
It was such a special moment to see when he went up to Pargo, I've never seen few get so emotional after a win. It was amazing to see that.

jayray
02-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I wonder if this means he's not going to leave for Oregon if the job opens.

zags422
02-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I wonder if this means he's not going to leave for Oregon if the job opens.

is that an actual rumor going around? or is it just a what if scenario?

primal23
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
And why would oregon can their coach after a pretty good year and a lock for a tourny trip?

NVzag
02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
I'll only start to worry if one of these year's I DON'T hear that Few is going to Oregon.

ZagAddict
02-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Oh boy... I didn't intend to start another "Few leaving GU" thread:(

Look at it anyway you want, but Few looks like a coach who is happy right where he is.

GO ZAGS!!!

zagar
02-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Those hugs were directed, meaning he singled out the three players involved in the play that ended with Pargo doing the 360(ish) dunk. Downs dribbled toward the defense until Pendergraft's man committed, then he passed to Pendergraft. Pendergraft then made a pass to Pargo. Pargo dunked it.

In my opinion, he singled those guys out because they made a play that the team had been working on all week in practice--breaking the press.

Nevtelen
02-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey, I didn't think of that. Good observation.

That said, I bet there was lots of praise to go around after that effort.