PDA

View Full Version : Zags going to be able to land in spokane?

adoptedzag
01-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Pray that the Zags are able to fly back safely with all this crappy weather. Quick turnaround till Monday night.

Is there a backup plan if they can't land in Spokane? I assume even if they can land in Seattle, the pass would be closed...

What other airports could they land at?

MedZag
01-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport? Oh wait, that isn't big enough to land anything bigger than a flying pack of gum.

Angelo Roncalli
01-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Lewiston

GonzagaGurl08
01-26-2008, 09:35 PM
The guys have made it back safely. I saw Pendo about 2 hours ago.

mendiant
01-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks for that update, gurl...

I was concerned about the weather and their safety...

<sigh of relief>

Birddog
01-27-2008, 03:56 AM
The guys have made it back safely. I saw Pendo about 2 hours ago.
Gurl, did he look abused and beaten badly?

Birddog

zagporvida
01-27-2008, 12:38 PM
I wonder if Portland will be able to make it in. I doubt they will cancel classes at GU but they may cancel the game if they can't make it. Eastern has cancelled all events at least for today.

ZagNative
01-27-2008, 01:18 PM
My power was out in the area of 27th and Bernard for an hour, and the snow is really coming down up here. I sure don't plan on going anywhere for the next day. I don't really have any choice!

They just announced that a Southwest plan just skidded off the runway. It doesn't sound like any danger to passengers on that plane, snow plow equipment around the plane.

Boy, doesn't look good for arrivals today....

Section 116
01-27-2008, 01:23 PM
KHQ-6 TV has been on the air most of the day reporting on the current snowstorm in Spokane. According to them the U. Of Portland is planning on flying into Spokane at 4:30pm today (Sunday). However they are also reporting there is only one runway open and there is breaking news a Southwest Airlines plane slid off the runway, which in fact may close the only runway currently being used. Not sure how that would effect Portlands plans and the game tomorrow.

PilotNut
01-27-2008, 01:48 PM
This stinks... It doesnt sound like UP will be able to land at 4:30pm... and I really hope the team wasnt on the flight that slid off the runway!

If the team cant land today, I would think they would have to postpone soon... you cant travel and play on the same day... (?) :mad:

ZagNative
01-27-2008, 01:54 PM
They are working on offloading the passengers now. Just said on the news that the runways are closed until about 4:00. The slide-off was after the plane had landed and was turning slowly to approach the de-planing area. It doesn't sound as if the runway is icy or dangerous.

MickMick
01-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Not just Spokane. It is really snowing here in the Columbia Basin too. More than I have seen in quite awhile.

Oregon Zag
01-27-2008, 02:44 PM
We've got 3 or 4 inches in N. Central Oregon. Kinda glad I don't have tx to Mon.'s game. haha

Proudzagmom
01-27-2008, 02:51 PM
It sounds like everyone in the Northwest is getting snow except in my neck of the woods. Y'all be careful out there!!

Radbooks
01-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Not just Spokane. It is really snowing here in the Columbia Basin too. More than I have seen in quite awhile.

Yeah, MickMick, this is the worst I've seen in a long time, and the ice underneath it makes it particularly bad. :(

zagcaster
01-27-2008, 07:58 PM
They just announced that a Southwest plan just skidded off the runway. It doesn't sound like any danger to passengers on that plane, snow plow equipment around the plane.

[/B]

I was on the plane. And I loved every minute of it. It basically felt like when a car drifts and the back end spins around. From what I could tell, we couldn't slow down enough before the turning point, and tried to turn anyway, and then started skidding. As it happened, a whole lot of people started cheering. Probably some didn't, but personally, I enjoyed it. I was hoping they'd have us slide down to get off, but they brought out some portable stairs and we climbed down and then took a bus back to the airport.

TheZagPhish
01-27-2008, 10:03 PM
I was on the plane. And I loved every minute of it. It basically felt like when a car drifts and the back end spins around. From what I could tell, we couldn't slow down enough before the turning point, and tried to turn anyway, and then started skidding. As it happened, a whole lot of people started cheering. Probably some didn't, but personally, I enjoyed it. I was hoping they'd have us slide down to get off, but they brought out some portable stairs and we climbed down and then took a bus back to the airport.

That's sorta sick & crazy and I like it! Landing in Spokane Thursday afternoon my plane really started slipping on the ice -- and if you thought that could get white-knuckle at 35mph, try it at 150mph! They hit the brakes in repeated bursts as hard as I've ever seen - and like you, caster, I was pretty stoked; tickled my roller coaster sense. Couldn't help it.

You don't happen to get giggly over extreme turbulence, do ya?

wazmix
01-28-2008, 12:41 AM
"Now arriving............Gate 14......Gate 15......Gate 16..........."

(Just remember, there is no stopping in the WHITE zone.)

(Does anyone not get these references?)

drnoe
01-28-2008, 08:14 AM
"Now arriving............Gate 14......Gate 15......Gate 16..........."

(Just remember, there is no stopping in the WHITE zone.)

(Does anyone not get these references?)

Stryker!

PilotNut
01-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Yes I do, and stop calling me Shirley!

murph
01-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Roger, Roger

zagzealot
01-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Steve McCroskey:Johnny, what can you make out of this?
[Hands him the weather briefing]
Johnny: This? Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl...

TheZagPhish
01-28-2008, 09:22 AM
There's a sale at Penny's!

sittingon50
01-28-2008, 10:27 PM
"Tell me Jimmy; have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"