PDA

View Full Version : I Want Ira

S.U. Chieftain
01-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I would love to see Ira Brown play 5-10 minutes in each half.

Remember when we had to often play our short lineup near the end of last year after Josh was suspended. Sometimes Pendo would be our only real post on the court. Now on nights when Josh doesn't have it or needs a breather, and/or when Kuso is in foul trouble or has dropped too many passes on offense, could we play a lineup for a brief spell with Pargo, Bouldin/Gray, Downs/Daye, Pendo, and Ira?

I predict Ira will be our "Pendo" next year after Pendo graduates, giving us heart and hustle on defense. The difference is on offense Pendo now pops a 3 to excite the crowd while Ira will slam down a dunk (if he gets more playing time).

NorthWestZag
01-26-2008, 05:52 PM
I like having either Kuso or Heytvelt on the floor at all times. I wish Few would occasionally use both Kuso and Heytvelt in at the same time. But Ira should get some more time at the 4. And I think as WCC play goes on he will see more minutes. Remember, Kuso and Pendo graduate this year. So that gives Ira plenty of room to rotate in next year and play 20+ min per game.

HOOTER
01-26-2008, 06:21 PM
I'd love to see Ira get more playing time. It just seems like every time he's on the court he's busting his tail and making good things happen. He has Pendo's hustle and passion but he's more athletic. I'm a huge Pendo fan and I think he deserves a good amount of playing time but next year Few will have no excuse not to play Ira more.

bzzz61
01-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Remember, Kuso and Pendo graduate this year. So that gives Ira plenty of room to rotate in next year and play 20+ min per game.

This probably means that Sacre gets some of those minutes but I definitely agree and am excited about Ira! getting more minutes.

Senior type leadership next year comes from Pargo, Downs and Ira! Not a bad trio to lead you into battle.