View Full Version : Where was Daye?

tyra
01-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Daye's minutes today = 8.
Season average is = 19.

?????

WRHUradio
01-26-2008, 10:32 AM
1- Daye plays the 4, he's not a good enough rebounder vs Dorsey/Taggart and not great at boxing out either

2- every Memphis defender is a quick strong guy, he wouldnt be able to put the ball on the floor vs them.

Can't blame few for not playing him more

Bulldog
01-26-2008, 10:36 AM
We needed all the offensive power we had at the end of the game, but they were on the bench for most of it.

TexasZagFan
01-26-2008, 10:45 AM
His strength just doesn't match up to those powerful bigs on the Memphis squad. Did ya see how Dorsey managed to shove the ball up Heytvelt's nose? Daye would've been manhandled, with his lighter frame and inexperience.
Don't get me wrong, I think Daye is amazing. And Few knows when to use Daye's skill to an advantage.

Austin was manhandled in the 8 minutes he was in there.

rawkmandale
01-26-2008, 10:49 AM
The two quick fouls in the first half cost him time.

NorthWestZag
01-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Daye is a toothpick and cannot hang with Memphis down low. heck Pendo/Kuso/Heytvelt had enough trouble as it is.

I like Austin a lot and he may have the most potential on this team. But Few was correct in giving him the minutes he got.

rennis
01-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I like Austin a lot and he may have the most potential on this team. But Few was correct in giving him the minutes he got.

as a previous poster said, the two quick early fouls are what cost him. Few would likely have played him more if Daye had given himself a chance to stay in the game and possibly get a rhythm.