• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rawkmandale
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Very respectable outing

Thank you Zags - you did pretty well. Long rebounds and too many turnovers - otherwise you played solid basketball.
  • 75Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Bright Spot

Bulldogs won against the point spread for a change! A very nice result.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

I can' say I am happy with a loss, but our teams hung in there with a very GOOD basketball team. I love JPargo...he is a warrior today. We will be tough to beat come tourney time. Yes, I guarantee that we will be Dancing.

Comment

• rawkmandale
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

And probably moved up a seed or two with today's result.

Comment

• MickMick
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
          I can' say I am happy with a loss, but our teams hung in there with a very GOOD basketball team. I love JPargo...he is a warrior today. We will be tough to beat come tourney time. Yes, I guarantee that we will be Dancing.
          Strange as it may sound, it was this loss that convinced me that the Zags will go dancing. Contrary to many others, I like what I saw out there. Take away the first two minutes and the Zags outscore Memphis for the game. In other words...win.
          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• jim77
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Gongrats to Memphis. GREAT TEAM.

This was as much pressure as you could possibly put on a team...40 something win streak....#1 team and a physical team at that.....our guys played well. This will be a good experience come march.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 75Zag View Post
              Bulldogs won against the point spread for a change! A very nice result.
              No moral victories for me. Too many mental errors, and we played too passively for too many stretches.

If we get another crack at them, let's use our bench, and have them shoot free throws the entire game. They sure looked frustrated and uncomfortable the final few minutes, even if they had the game under control.

Why in the heck did we agree to a game that started at 9 frikkin' AM, Spokane time?

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2007

Just left the game

Hey guys I just got out of the arena. Other than the crap talking I had to deal with, it was amazing. Don't worry, I can hold my own when it comes to trash talking. Anyways, we played solid today. Two things that killed us: 1- Rebounding (they domiated us with the O Rebounds. 2- Where was Daye. He really didn't come to play today. The silver lining, he can't go pro now, so next year, on to the Final Four.
                "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

we created our chances

we took them out of their game a number of times. we created our breaks but we did not capitalize on them often enough.

we played the whole game. we know now what will take to beat memphis or team like memphis.

But we were there, in the hunt, the whole game.

great game. Well played.

Next time.
                  Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                  Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                  Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I think the guys played with a lot of heart-- On a neutral court we will have a better chance-- (as much as I would hate to run into Memphis at the dance -- I think the Zags learned a lot from this game)--

I think future Memphis opponents watched what the Zags did and will also employ the hack-a-Memphis player.

Don't hang your heads guys-- I am happy to be a Zag---

Comment

• mphsvoodoo
                      Redshirt
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                      I think the guys played with a lot of heart-- On a neutral court we will have a better chance-- (as much as I woud hate to run into Memphis at the dance -- I think the Zags learned a lot from this game)--

I think future Memphis opponents watched what the Zas did and will also employ the hack-a-Memphis player.

Don't hang your heads guys-- I am happy to be a Zag---
                      You should be happy!

Comment

• VinnyZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
                        Take away the first two minutes and the Zags outscore Memphis for the game. In other words...win.
                        I wish we could take away the first two minutes.
                        GU played about 37 minutes of very good basketball. The coaches just have to get these guys to play 40.
                        9 a.m. tip-off surely didn't help.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post
                          I wish we could take away the first two minutes.
                          GU played about 37 minutes of very good basketball. The coaches just have to get these guys to play 40.
                          9 a.m. tip-off surely didn't help.
                          I've got a GREAT idea! Next time they come to our place, let's play one of the midnight madness games, at midnight Spokane time.

Comment

Working...
                          X