• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guniverse
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

back from brocks game

me and i few of my gu buddies went to the game tonight verses helena high and we decided to give our report. first, brock is a powerforward with quick post moves and needs to learn a left handed move to play at his hight at gonzaga. the team he plays with has guards that are out of control and the offense they run keeps brock to far outside on the perimeter. that being said, he took over the post against a 6'6 maybe 6'7 player all night when he got the ball down low. his pasing is what is going to suprise some people once he gets to gu. he needs a low post player to fully utelize these capabilities. the greatest asset he had, at least tonight, is his ability to bear down and take over the game at the end. his team was down by two and he deflected the inbounds pass and made the tying basket. after that he took over overtime and beat a far superior helena high team. i like brock as a four and think he would benefit greatly from a faster paced game and more controlled guards. all in all, i cant wait to see him at gonzaga and will always be cheering for him!
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

So I assume Flathead won? Brock's points? I intended to listen online on the radio but got sidetracked with Jeff Taylor's game.

thanks for the report. Did you have fun? Enthusiastic crowd in Helena?

Comment

• JLGutrocks
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Thanks guniverse, can't wait to see Brock in action, sounds like a great competitor.

Are you in Helena? Did my time at Carroll '88-'92. Bartended my way through on the Gulch.
      “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Comment

• zag buddy
        Banned
        • Dec 2007

thanks

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Comment

• guniverse
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2007

yes i am a former spokanite in helena at carroll. brock plays again tomorrow in helena and i hope to catch it, but do to work schedule and my taping of the agme tomorrow i may be not able to make it. glad to give you all info, hope there is more tomorrow!

Comment

• mtzaga
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by guniverse View Post
            me and i few of my gu buddies went to the game tonight verses helena high and we decided to give our report. first, brock is a powerforward with quick post moves and needs to learn a left handed move to play at his hight at gonzaga. the team he plays with has guards that are out of control and the offense they run keeps brock to far outside on the perimeter. that being said, he took over the post against a 6'6 maybe 6'7 player all night when he got the ball down low. his pasing is what is going to suprise some people once he gets to gu. he needs a low post player to fully utelize these capabilities. the greatest asset he had, at least tonight, is his ability to bear down and take over the game at the end. his team was down by two and he deflected the inbounds pass and made the tying basket. after that he took over overtime and beat a far superior helena high team. i like brock as a four and think he would benefit greatly from a faster paced game and more controlled guards. all in all, i cant wait to see him at gonzaga and will always be cheering for him!
            He is a good passer. 2,935 yards, 27 TDs, 63.2% and only 11 pics. Not bad considering he had a new coaching staff, a small O-line and no running game.

Comment

• mnzag24
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mtzaga View Post
              He is a good passer. 2,935 yards, 27 TDs, 63.2% and only 11 pics. Not bad considering he had a new coaching staff, a small O-line and no running game.
              yikes

Comment

Working...
              X