PDA

View Full Version : Ariz. 76, WSU 64

gamagin
01-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Ariz dominated the 2nd half I watched.

Ezag
01-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Pac-10 is no picnic and Cougs will have a few more before all is said and done.

NorthWestZag
01-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Can't win them all. This is the first game (Coug game) I watched with my WSU friend. 'Zona looked great in the second half.

ZaggyStardust
01-24-2008, 06:37 PM
YEAH BABY!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

rdulay8
01-24-2008, 06:40 PM
YEAH BABY!!!!

no yeah baby. this doesnt help us

ZaggyStardust
01-24-2008, 06:46 PM
no yeah baby. this doesnt help us

Doesn't hurt that much either - Cats have No. 1 SOS in the Nation and last I looked about a 10 RPI

and they are my "other" team so

YEAH BABY!!!!!

spudzag
01-24-2008, 07:22 PM
YEAH BABY!!!!

Ditto

RenoZag
01-25-2008, 04:49 AM
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- After Arizona beat No. 6 Washington State 76-64 on Thursday night, Wildcats sophomore Chase Budinger dismissed the notion that his team had pulled off an upset.

"I think we can beat anyone in the country right now," said Budinger, who scored 22 points.

Freshman point guard Jerryd Bayless led Arizona with 23 points as the Wildcats blew open a close game in the second half.

The Wildcats buried the Cougars beneath a barrage of 3-pointers. Arizona went 12-of-21 (57 percent) from beyond the arc, a season high for 3-pointers. Budinger hit four while Bayless and Nic Wise both had three.

jbslicer
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I watched the UA-WSU game last night. I noticed that their fans were loud. I saw them stand up and cheer when the UA needed to make a defensive stop. And I didn't notice anyone leaving early.
Is this normal behavior?

a13coach
01-25-2008, 03:39 PM
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- After Arizona beat No. 6 Washington State 76-64 on Thursday night, Wildcats sophomore Chase Budinger dismissed the notion that his team had pulled off an upset.

"I think we can beat anyone in the country right now," said Budinger, who scored 22 points.

Freshman point guard Jerryd Bayless led Arizona with 23 points as the Wildcats blew open a close game in the second half.

The Wildcats buried the Cougars beneath a barrage of 3-pointers. Arizona went 12-of-21 (57 percent) from beyond the arc, a season high for 3-pointers. Budinger hit four while Bayless and Nic Wise both had three.

Right Chase the Wildcats are going to shoot 57% from beyond the arc the rest of the season. They are shooting 38.6% for the season.

ZaggyStardust
01-25-2008, 07:12 PM
I watched the UA-WSU game last night. I noticed that their fans were loud. I saw them stand up and cheer when the UA needed to make a defensive stop. And I didn't notice anyone leaving early.
Is this normal behavior?

The Arizona fans are very passionate about Basketball - Tucson is similar to Spokane in that the Cats are basically the only game in town! However, there has been some apathy the past few seasons as the Cats have had a few down years. In fact, last night on the broadcast, they said that since Jan 07, they are 11-7 at home. I lived there from 92-96 and went to virtually every home game during that period and I frankly can't remember more than a couple of losses at home! So I believe the fans have discovered a new dedication. During the time I lived there, the fans were a little spoiled as the Spokane Zag fans have seemingly become - not cheering as loud - leaving early etc. But you are right - they seemed to be absolutely spellbound in the game last night! Very nice to see!!!!!!

Zag79
01-25-2008, 11:42 PM
coogs are a good pac10 team, but this run of conference games is going to bring the team and fans back to reality... i love it.

kjstoph1
01-27-2008, 08:44 AM
coogs are a good pac10 team, but this run of conference games is going to bring the team and fans back to reality... i love it.

You mean last nights win on the road against a ranked ASU team?

Reality is....the Pac 10 is a brutally tough conference this year - and if the Cougs can survive with 4 or 5 losses, they'll be battle-tested for the tournament. Then, who knows what can happen?

Reality is...if the Cougs play their game, they will be in every contest. With the next four games in Beasley, they've survived the harshest part of the schedule and could go 3-1, maybe...just maybe....4-0 if the shots drop. But there's not a Cougar fan I know who is marking down ANY game in conference as a "W" (maybe Oregon State). We're only two years away from the bottom of the conference.

Zag fans should be relishing every Cougar victory - it helps your RPI.

Zag79
01-29-2008, 08:41 PM
rpi doesnt make me root for teams i dislike...